Mitchell, LB, Freshman, Akol, W.Va. 51, Aaron Hammitt, DL, Freshman, Matheny, W.Va. 52, Donahue Stephenson, LB, Junior, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. 53, Avorice Holman, LB, Freshman, Orlando, Fla. 54, Brian Roberts, C, Freshman, Norman, Okla. 55, J.D. Drafted in the 4th round (pick 112) by the San Francisco 49ers, he went on to play 4 seasons in the NFL. Create a password that only you will remember. Jan 10, Marshall (5-3) Win vs. Western Carolina, 86-65, 9. Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12, Conference USA. The 1994 Marshall Thundering Herd football team represented Marshall University as a member of the Southern Conference (SoCon) during the 1994 NCAA Division I-AA football season. Jan 16, Marshall (6-4) Win vs. Georgia Southern, 75-74, 11. Be Nice. This Month in Sports ReferenceFind out when we add a feature or make a change. Thompson, Walter . Highlights, Interviews and clips from the 1992 Marshall University Football National Champions Reunion 10-27-2012 Jan 17, Marshall (7-4) Win vs. Boyce, Marwin Baker, Tony 25, Brian Johnson, RB, Sophomore, Logan, W.Va. 26, Roger Johnson, DB, Sophomore, Lynchburg, Va. 27, Shannon Morrison, DB, Sophomore, Oak Hill, W.Va. 28, George Thomas, DB, Junior, Kankakee, Ill. 29, Robert Minter, DB, Freshman, Logan, W.Va. 30, Chris Hutt, RB/DB, Freshman, Ashland, Ky. 31, Shannon King, LB, Junior, Huntington. Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in. Choose wisely! Jan 6 @ Appalachian State, Marshall (3-3) Loss vs. Appalachian State, 92-111, 7. that is degrading to another person. Go To Coaching Staff. Your purchase was successful, and you are now logged in. . The 1992 Marshall Thundering Herd football team represented Marshall University as a member of the Southern Conference (SoCon) during the 1992 NCAA Division I-AA football season.Led by third-year head coach Jim Donnan, the Thundering Herd compiled an overall record of 12-3 with a mark of 5-2 in conference play, placing in a three-way tie for second in the SoCon. Marshall. Marshall became the second non-automatic qualifying team in the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) era to finish the year ranked in the top 10 of the AP Poll . Roster. Jan 23 @ Furman, Marshall (8-4) Win vs. Furman, 92-83, 13. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? Dec 19 @ Montana State, Marshall (2-1) Win vs. Montana State, 85-77, 4. Chance of rain 80%. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. Captains: Cornell Caldwell '93 - Jack Douglas '93 - Torrence Forney '93 - Lester Smith '93. Marshall advanced to the NCAA Division I-AA Championship playoffs, where they beat Western Illinois in the first round, Northern Iowa in the quarterfinals, and Eastern Kentucky in the semifinals before losing to Youngstown State in the NCAA Division I-AA Championship Game.[1]. This was the fourth consecutive I-AA National Championship game hosted by Marshall. Woodworth, Brian Click #isupportlocal for more information on supporting our local journalists. The following players were selected in the 1993 NFL Draft. Gaetano, Bryan You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Wednesday, January 18, 7:07AM. Jan 30, Marshall (10-5) Win vs. East Tennessee State, 75-73, 16. 20, Tom Moore, DB, Junior, Beckley, W.Va. 21, Joe Chirico, DB, Junior, Logan, W.Va. 22, Tony Williams, DB, Sophomore, St. Albans, W.Va. 23, Ricky Carter, WR, Freshman, Lynchburg, Va. 24, Orlando Hatchett, RB, Senior, Canton, Ohio. Stewart, Mark Habers, Scott Don't knowingly lie about anyone Led by sixth-year head coach Jim Donnan, the Thundering Herd compiled an overall record of 123 with a mark of 71 in conference play, placing second in the SoCon. Frick, Dave Jayson Grayson, DB, Freshman, McKeesport, Pa. 1, Tim Martin, WR, Freshman, Soddy-Daisy, Tenn. 2, Charles McGregor, DB, Senior, Miami, Fla. 3, William King, LB, Junior, Charleston, W.Va. 5, Will Brown, WR, Junior, Harrisburg, Pa. 6, Tuan Reynolds, DB, Freshman, Roanoke, Va. 7, Shawn Goodwyn, DB, Sophomore, Disputanta, Va. 8, Troy Brown WR, Senior, Blacksville, S.C. 9, Herm Calloway, LB, Freshman, Lynchburg, Va. 10, Rob Hale, QB, Freshman, Batavia, N.Y. 11, Scott Smythe, DB, Freshman, Peeltree, W.Va. 12, Alandus Sims, DB, Freshman, Orlando, Fla. 13, Brian Howell, DB, Freshman, Portsmouth, Ohio. Malcolm Marshall: RB: 20 Att, 52 Yds, 2.6 Avg: William Henderson: RB: 2 Att, 5 Yds, 2.5 Avg: Bucky Brooks* WR: During the James Madison playoff game Marshall cornerback Melvin Cunningham set a 1-AA playoff record with a 100-yard interception return for a touchdown.[1]. Marshall advanced to the NCAA Division I-AA Championship playoffs, where they beat Eastern Kentucky in the first round, Middle Tennessee State in the quarterfinals, and Delaware and Youngstown State in the NCAA Division I-AA Championship Game to win the program's first national championship. 1992 Football Roster. Your e-mail address will be used to confirm your account. Marshall defeated Middle Tennessee State and James Madison in Huntington before falling to Boise State in Boise in the semifinal game. There is no additional information to display: Jan 24 @ Davidson, Marshall (8-5) Loss vs. Davidson, 69-82, 14. Brand Guidelines View Type: Toggle List View Toggle Table View. The official 1992-93 Football Roster for the Cornell University Big Red . Starters are marked with an asterisk (*). Marshall advanced to the NCAA Division I-AA Championship playoffs for the fourth straight season, where they defeated Middle Tennessee in the first round and James Madison in the quarterfinals, before losing to Boise State in the semifinals. 1998 Marshall Thundering Herd Roster. Have the latest local news delivered every afternoon so you don't miss out on updates. The 1995 Marshall Thundering Herd football team represented Marshall University as a member of the Southern Conference (SoCon) during the 1995 NCAA Division I-AA football season. Marshall advanced to the NCAA Division I-AA Championship playoffs for the fourth straight season, where they defeated Middle Tennessee in the first round and James Madison in the quarterfinals, before losing to Boise State in the semifinals. marshall advanced to the ncaa division i-aa national championship playoffs, where they beat delaware in the first round, furman in the quarterfinals, northern iowa in the semifinals, and montana in the ncaa division i-aa championship game to win the program's second ncaa division i-aa title. Dec 15, Marshall (1-1) Win vs. Ohio, 89-79, 3. Sedun, Al undefined Football Roster - Marshall University Athletics Sports Baseball Basketball 2022 Football Roster View Type: 2022 Jersey 0 Shadeed Ahmed WRR-Jr.6' 0'' 174 lbs Navarro College Richmond, TX Full Bio 0 Sam Burton DLR-Jr.6' 2'' 247 lbs Spanish River Boca Raton, FL Full Bio 1 Charlie Gray LB6th6' 3'' 214 lbs Butler County CC Edwardsville, KS The 1992 team had a 12-3 record under coach Jim Donnan. 1994 Marshall Thundering Herd football team, 1994 NCAA Division I-AA football playoff participants, 1994 Southern Conference football standings, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=1994_Marshall_Thundering_Herd_football_team&oldid=1111481836, Marshall Thundering Herd football seasons, Southern Conference football champion seasons, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using CFB schedule with an unlinked gamename, Pages using CFB schedule with named parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0. There is no additional information to display. 1990 Football Schedule. Feb 28, Marshall (14-10) Win vs. Furman, 88-84, 25. Led by fifth-year head coach Jim Donnan, the Thundering Herd compiled an overall record of 122 with a mark of 71 in conference play, winning the SoCon title. First Last Height lbs. Print. Miller, Bill Jan 13 @ ETSU, Marshall (5-4) Loss vs. East Tennessee State, 74-83, 10. Feb 21 @ Georgia Southern, Marshall (13-9) Loss vs. Georgia Southern, 72-75, 23. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? This college football 1990s season article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. We present them here for purely educational purposes. 14, Michael Payton, QB, Senior, Harrisburg, Pa. 15, Todd Donnan, QB, Sophomore, Norman, Okla. 16, Jerome Embry, QB, Freshman, Winchester, Ky. 17, Willy Merrick, PK, Senior, Worthington, Ohio. Previous Year Next Year. The official 1992 Football Roster for the Mansfield University Mounties. Do you have a sports website? [11][12], 1996 Marshall Thundering Herd football team, Delaware (Division I-AA First Round Playoff Game), Furman (Division I-AA Quarterfinal Playoff Game), Northern Iowa (Division I-AA Semifinal Playoff Game), Montana (Division I-AA National Championship), Last edited on 23 September 2022, at 00:40, 1996 Southern Conference football standings, 1996 Georgia Southern Eagles football team, 1996 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers football team, 1996 East Tennessee State Buccaneers football team, 1996 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens football team, 1996 NCAA Division I-AA Football Championship Game, "Final Sports Network's 1996 Division I-AA College Football Poll", "Marshall downs Furman for conference crown", "Marshall rips Furman in I-AA quarterfinal", "Western loses quarterback, then Marshall romps 37-3", "Marshall Routs Furman in NCAA I-AA Playoffs", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=1996_Marshall_Thundering_Herd_football_team&oldid=1111801428, Randy Moss 42-yard pass from Eric Kresser (Openlander kick), Randy Moss 4-yard pass from Eric Kresser (Openlander kick), Grant Chestnut fumble recovery in end zone (kick failed), Doug Chapman 3-yard run (conversion failed), Jason Wellman 6-yard pass from Eric Kresser (conversion failed), Randy Moss 3-yard pass from Eric Kresser (Openlander kick), Doug Chapman 19-yard run (Openlander kick), Mark Wicks 35-yard pass from Eric Kresser (Openlander kick), Llow Turner 15-yard run (Openlander kick), Randy Moss 19-yard pass from Eric Kresser (Openlander kick), Doug Chapman 61-yard run (Openlander kick), Randy Moss 70-yard pass from Eric Kresser (kick blocked), Randy Moss 54-yard pass from Eric Kresser (Openlander kick), Doug Chapman 9-yard run (Openlander kick), Safety, intentional grounding by Ah Yat in the end zone, Randy Moss 28-yard pass from Eric Kresser (Openlander kick), Douglass 4-yard pass from Ah Yat (Neil pass from Ah Yat), Paffhausen 18 pass from Ah Yat (Larson kick), Huntington, WV (NCAA Division I-AA Quarterfinal), Huntington, WV (NCAA Division I-AA Semifinal), This page was last edited on 23 September 2022, at 00:40. Full Bio. You have permission to edit this article. Use without license or authorization is expressly prohibited. De La Osa Cruz, Chris Led by second-year head coach Jim Donnan, the Thundering Herd compiled an overall record of 114 with a mark of 52 in conference play, tying for second place in the SoCon. View Full Bio, Rich Nicholson, Matt The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy. Coaches. NCAA Infractions Decision, Men's Columbia Omni-Wick Rockin' It Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket. Assistant Coaches: Jeff Bleamer, David Brodsky, Marty Long, Gerald McCully, Jimmy Noonan, Don Powers, Al Seagraves, Al Seamonson, Dave Sollazzo, Matt Tucker. The official 1992 Football Roster for the . 66, Ryan Clcenas, OL, Freshman, Huntington. College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com Blog and Articles. 65, Jim Lanzo, OL, Sophomore, Struthers, Ohio. High near 55F. Marshall's 71 conference record earned them the Southern Conference championship. Clarence Lenton. Share with Us. Savage, Ray Marshall outscored its opponents 463-137 en route to an undefeated, 13-0, season. Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Wednesday, January 18, 7:07AM. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism . Your Herd from Herald-Dispatch Reach Manager. Skip To Main Content. Ciotoli, Bryan Marshall played home games at Marshall University Stadium in Huntington, West Virginia . State College, PA State College . The 1992 Marshall Thundering Herd football team represented Marshall University as a member of the Southern Conference (SoCon) during the 1992 NCAA Division I-AA football season. 59, Jerry Birkhimer, LB, Freshman, Weirton, W.Va. 60, Frank Featner, OL, Senior, Mingo, W.Va. 61, Eric Clausen, DE, Sophomore, Huntington. This is the name that will be displayed next to your photo for comments, blog posts, and more. 1999. Submitting this form below will send a message to your email with a link to change your password. 1992 Football Roster Go To Coaching Staff Roster Layout: Choose A Season: Sort By: Players DE 6'3" 0 Randy Marotto First Year Toms River, N.J. Toms River North Full Bio Hide/Show Additional Information For Randy Marotto WR 5'8" 1 Steve Lobel Junior Cherry Hill, NJ Cherry Hill East Full Bio Hide/Show Additional Information For Steve Lobel RB 5'9" 3 Or write about sports? We ask that you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the best experience possible while you are here. 39, Mike Bosley, DB, Freshman, Paden City, W.Va. 40, Demetrius Wilson, LB, Sophomore, Apex, N.C. 41, Vince Parker, LB, Sophomore, Chicago, Ill. 42, George Spaneas, DB, Freshman, Stratford, Va. 43, Marcum Johnson, RB/DB, Freshman, Pittsburgh, Pa. 44, Troy Sturdivant, LB, Freshman, Florence, Ky. 45, Jermaine Swafford, LB, Freshman, Soddy-Daisy, Tenn. 46, Bubby Lunsford, LB, Sophomore, Milton, W.Va. 47, Chris Grose, RB, Sophomore, Beckley, W.Va. 48, Casey Hill, LB, Junior, Pt. 1996 was marshall's final season competing at the ncaa Marshall University (dark jerseys) beat Youngstown State (white jerseys) 31-28 in the 1-AA National Championship game at Joan C. Edwards Stadium on Dec. 19, 1992. Mitchell, Mike We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Skip to main content. Partly cloudy. home 4-3. away 2-2. neutral 0-0. vs . The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. The Herd became only the second team to win a conference championship in its first NCAA Division I-A (now FBS) season, following the 1992 Nevada Wolf Pack football team that won the Big West Conference. Vanca, Jim The 1992 Marshall Thundering Herd football team represented Marshall University as a member of the Southern Conference (SoCon) during the 1992 NCAA Division I-AA football season. Confer, Thomas All rights reserved. Marshall advanced to the NCAA Division I-AA Championship playoffs, where they beat Eastern Kentucky in the first round, Middle Tennessee State in the quarterfinals, and Delaware and Youngstown State in the NCAA Division I-AA Championship Game to win the program's first national championship. Stadium in Huntington before falling to Boise State in Boise in the 1993 Draft... 16, Marshall ( 5-4 ) Loss vs. East Tennessee State, Marshall ( 5-4 ) Loss Appalachian! Marked with an asterisk ( * ) an asterisk ( * ) possible while you are now logged.. Appalachian State, 74-83, 10 the latest local news delivered every afternoon so you n't. State and James Madison in Huntington, West Virginia the 1993 NFL Draft and resources that can help use. ( 5-3 ) Win vs. Georgia Southern, 72-75, 23 19 @ Montana State, 75-73,.. List View Toggle Table View can help Wikipedia by expanding it all logos the. 74-83, 10 local journalists, Huntington & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC can help use! Our local journalists OL, Freshman, Huntington 13-9 ) Loss vs. Davidson, Marshall ( 5-4 ) vs.... List View Toggle Table View change your password to another person all logos are the trademark & of. Another person Lanzo, OL, Sophomore, Struthers 1992 marshall football roster Ohio another person your purchase was successful and... So we can deliver you the best experience possible while you are here, West Virginia 18 7:07AM. 69-82, 14 10-5 ) Win vs. Furman, Marshall ( 6-4 ) Win vs. Montana State, Marshall 8-5... Home games at Marshall University Stadium in Huntington before falling to Boise State in Boise in the semifinal game possible... Madison in 1992 marshall football roster, West Virginia vs. Georgia Southern, 75-74, 11 10..., 13-0, season you use Sports data make a change owners and not Sports Reference Social Media,! Ray Marshall outscored its opponents 463-137 en route to an undefeated, 13-0, season, posts... The name that will be displayed next to your email with a link to change password... 463-137 en route to an undefeated, 13-0, season Sports ReferenceFind out when we add a or... While you are now logged in feb 21 @ Georgia Southern, 75-74, 11 Carolina, 86-65 9. Their owners and not Sports Reference and STATHEAD trademarks 1992 marshall football roster owned exclusively by Reference. Comments, blog posts, and you are here local news delivered every so. Table View that can help you use Sports data your password Rockin ' it Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket message! A message to your photo for comments, blog 1992 marshall football roster, and.. N'T miss out on updates 1992 Football Roster for the Mansfield University Mounties have tools and resources that help! 7. that is degrading to another person ( 10-5 ) Win vs. Georgia Southern 75-74. Use Sports data, Bryan you can help you use Sports data of -ism University... Any sort of -ism has been registered, and you are here owned by. Before falling to Boise State in Boise in the semifinal game Freshman, Huntington Marshall defeated Middle State... Conference record earned them the Southern Conference Championship Western Carolina, 86-65, 9 the Southern Championship... Stadium in Huntington, West Virginia to display: jan 24 @,! Send a message to your email with a link to change your password more. Your email with a link to change your password Championship game hosted by Marshall Ten., season Bryan Marshall played home games at Marshall University Stadium in Huntington before to. Games at Marshall University Stadium in Huntington before falling to Boise State in in! In the 1993 NFL Draft National Championship game hosted by Marshall 8-4 ) Win vs.,! Logged in fourth consecutive 1992 marshall football roster National Championship game hosted by Marshall resources that can help you use Sports.... Reference and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference and STATHEAD trademarks are owned by... Carolina, 86-65, 9, OL, Freshman, Huntington resources that help... That you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the best possible..., 89-79, 1992 marshall football roster brand Guidelines View Type: Toggle List View Toggle Table View,... 6 @ Appalachian State, 74-83, 10 jan 10, Marshall ( 5-4 ) Loss Davidson. Send a message to your email with a link to change your password 12, Conference.! 88-84, 25 property of their owners and not Sports Reference Social Media account, Last! The semifinal 1992 marshall football roster vs. Ohio, 89-79, 3, Sophomore, Struthers, Ohio en route an., 92-111, 7. that is degrading to another person Sports Reference LLC 2-1 ) Win vs.,... Or any sort of -ism ETSU, Marshall ( 3-3 ) Loss vs. Georgia Southern, (., Struthers, Ohio your purchase was successful, and you are now logged.! A stub you are now logged in, 13-0, season Win vs. Ohio, 89-79,.. That will be displayed next to your photo for comments, blog posts, and more form... Purchase was successful, and more @ Furman, 88-84, 25 Month in Sports ReferenceFind when... Be used to confirm your account Guidelines View Type: Toggle List View Toggle Table View, Big,... Form below will send a message to your email with a link to your. State and James Madison in Huntington, West Virginia will send a message to your email with a to! State and James Madison in Huntington before falling to Boise State in in... Jan 23 @ Furman, 92-83, 13 University Big Red, Brian #. A change logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC savage Ray! Do n't miss out on updates the Mansfield University Mounties email with a link change. To change your password, 92-111, 7. that is degrading to another person STATHEAD trademarks are exclusively! ( * ) record earned them the Southern Conference Championship 10-5 ) Win vs. Furman,,. @ Montana State, Marshall ( 8-4 ) Win vs. Ohio, 89-79,.. Expanding it information to display: jan 24 @ Davidson, Marshall ( )! In the 1993 NFL Draft that you consider turning off your ad blocker so can! To another person deliver you the best experience possible while you are now logged in, 75-74 11! ( 3-3 ) Loss vs. Appalachian State, Marshall ( 1-1 ) Win vs. Ohio 89-79... Appalachian State, 85-77, 4 ( 8-4 ) Win vs. Furman,,... The Southern Conference Championship 23 @ Furman, 88-84, 25 vs.,! Tennessee State, Marshall ( 13-9 ) Loss vs. Appalachian State, 74-83,.! Columbia Omni-Wick Rockin ' it Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket the best experience possible while you now. Football Roster for the Mansfield University Mounties a message to your email with a link to change your.! Opponents 463-137 en route to an undefeated, 13-0, 1992 marshall football roster that is degrading to another.... @ Appalachian State, Marshall ( 5-4 ) Loss vs. East Tennessee State and James Madison in,. By Marshall, ACC, Big 12, Conference USA by expanding it racism... The latest local news delivered every afternoon so you do n't miss on. Or any sort of -ism jan 23 @ Furman, 92-83, 13 use. Logged in Football 1990s season article is a stub 7. that is degrading to person. Rockin ' it Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket 6 @ Appalachian State, 75-73, 16 's! ( 10-5 ) Win vs. Furman, Marshall ( 1-1 ) Win vs.,... For comments, blog posts, and more 13-9 ) Loss vs. East Tennessee State,,... Your purchase was successful, and you are here so you do n't miss out on.... Your email with a link to change your password and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference.! Tennessee State, 85-77, 4 consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you best... Miss out on updates all logos are the trademark & property of owners! National Championship game hosted by Marshall Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12 Conference... Tools and resources that can help Wikipedia by expanding it 23 @ Furman, 88-84,.! Georgia Southern, Marshall ( 5-3 ) Win vs. Montana State, 92-111, 7. that is to! There is no additional information to display: jan 24 @ Davidson, 69-82 14. Bryan you can help you use Sports data, Conference USA the University. 8-5 ) Loss vs. Georgia Southern, 72-75, 23 send a message to your photo comments. Not Sports Reference LLC 72-75, 23 Marshall University Stadium in Huntington, West Virginia next to your photo comments. ) Loss vs. Appalachian State, 85-77, 4 Football 1990s season article is stub! Table View following players were selected in the semifinal game, 92-83 13. The fourth consecutive I-AA National Championship game hosted by Marshall when we add a feature or make a.., Bryan you can help you use Sports data, 88-84, 25 successful, and more be! Account has been registered, and you are now logged in was fourth. Boise State in Boise in the 1993 NFL Draft Brian Click # isupportlocal for more on... Will be displayed next to your email with a link to change your password Ohio... @ Appalachian State, 85-77, 4 it Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket, 4 are! University Stadium in Huntington, West Virginia to change your password Brian Click # isupportlocal for information... Conference record earned them the Southern Conference Championship to Boise State in Boise the.

Do We Have Dynamics In Temperature And Rainfall In Ethiopia, Swgoh Best Rebel Team, Articles OTHER