Get the 76th edition of the World's Greatest Gun Book. Benelli 28 Gauge Perfect for youth hunters or shooters of smaller stature, the Benelli 28 gauge for sale is the master of the pheasant field. by Twodogs April 9th, 2021, 6:30 pm, Post The plastic case in which the Ethos is supplied is an upgrade, with at least a small amount of padding and studier construction than the Vinci box. At $2,199 the Ethos 20-gauge isn't cheap, but it's certainly . I'm in the same boat as you, I need a 12 ga. backup/turkey gun and I want it with a 24' barrel. Well, I was all ready to buy the Beretta A500 but then I saw the Benelli Ethos Cordoba with the BeST finish. It features an inertia driven system, red-bar front and metal bead mid-sight, featherweight alloy receiver, lighter magazine tube, tough yet light carbon fiber rib, satin walnut stock with WeatherCoat, and Crio barrel and choke tubes. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. As felt recoil in hunting guns and the ability to cycle light loads is part of the promise of the Ethos, a Remington Versa Max was shot alongside both the Ethos and the Vinci. The 28-gauge shotgun is relatively rare in comparison to 12- and 20-gauges, which tend to see the bulk of field use, and ammo can sometimes be difficult to find. Both are fine guns, the beretta is prettier, but I like the weight of the 28ga UL better for hunting, but shot the xplor very well for clays becuase of the increased weight and a little longer barrel. I did not buy either but leaning towards the Monty. Benelli or Beretta 28 gauge auto by pacecars April 9th, 2021, 10:59 am I have narrowed down my choices for a semi auto 28 gauge to the Beretta A400 Xplor and the Benelli Ethos Cordoba with the BeST finish. 6) they are ugly, and 7) they don't do well with light loads, In the Ethos, by pacecars April 9th, 2021, 6:59 am, Post I am looking at possibly purchasing a new shotgun for upland. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. find them. And, because its a 28-gauge, that lightness doesnt punish you once its time to shoot. It is basically a Benelli M2 except cheaper. I currently own just the 12/26 in the ultralight line. The bird (my third from this one pass) dropped immediately, shedding some feathers on its way down. The Ethos begs to be offered in 20 gauge, where loading difficulty is far more prominent, and the entire line of Benelli inertia guns (excepting the Vinci) can benefit from better shell handling, a bit larger bolt release, a better magazine cap, and absolutely certain reliability with at least 1 oz. by Eagle-Dawgs April 10th, 2021, 12:40 pm, Post In the felt recoil department, there was no doubt. Raffaello Power Bore 12 isn't strictly new, just new to the U.S. more commentary than anything else in the category, even though the Benelli The Ethos trigger break is just marginally lighter than the weight of the gun and that is a disappointment. This can be especially true for suitable field loads. ARCHIVE: Previous Listings SOLD/OLD/GONE. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Difference between Benelli Ethos and Montefeltro. Sadly, the Ethos trigger is worse, breaking at 6-1/4 pounds or a bit more. Click to reveal Functioned flawless. Also ordered a couple cases of ammo for the little bugger so Ill have a new plaything soon now what choke for turkeys and tss? The same was promised with the Benelli Vinci, all kinds of extended magazine tubes and easy to switch in modules. Just remember how finicky the inertia guns are with roll crimp loads for turkeys . It also comes equipped with three interchangeable fiber optic front sights for use in any lighting condition a shooter might face in the field. Other than that it is the same as the regular L that goes for $1100-1200 so I thought that was a heck of a deal. TSS makes the 28ga a beast in the turkey woods! A word to the wise is make sure you like the shotgun as supplied, for the dreams of easy customization and accessorization (pads, comb inserts, length of pull kits) all too often remain vaporware. by msalm April 18th, 2021, 9:15 pm, Post It looked to me like Benelli has essentially killed off at least A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. If you're shooting several hundred rounds in a single outing, the recoil can get to be harsh. Again, it can be considered a minor improvement, but it is the 20 gauges (M2, Affinity) that are in need of significant help in the stiff loading department, not the 12 gauge Benellis. If you ever strip one down, examine the few parts and you will wonder how they can be so expensive, The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time. Buy Benelli Ultra Light. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. I am partial to my A400, I'm not sure if you can hit the $1500 price point. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Ultra-reliable Inertia Driven system Featherweight alloy receiver Lighter magazine tube Super-strong, super-light carbon fiber rib Crio barrel and choke tubes However, just as assembled out of the box, the 26 inch barrel Ethos weighs 6 pounds, 7 ounces via calibrated electronic scale. IMO, a gas gun needs to be cleaned and I have more issues with gas guns in the extreme cold and when they get dirty or muddy than with intertia guns. I'll call it an improvement, but I have yet to have a single Benelli Click while hunting. A bigger chamber translates to a bigger shell, which can equate to more shot, increased velocity, et cetera. Truly deserves a look and at about $750 it is half the price of many. Talk about light and handy! This is the world's lightest semi-auto shotgun, offered in 12-, 20-, and 28-gauge. If you ever strip one down, examine the few parts and you will wonder how they can be so expensive Reply B BobK Registered Joined Feb 5, 2005 11,042 Posts I know this is a old post but for those of you curious its apples and oranges I have both and the ethos shoots better less recoil smoother trigger and you come down quicker and on birds lots faster , you can hardly feel it kick a buddy of mine shot it and had one the next month. Been shopping around for a new shotgun and Went to the local gun store the other day. I'd buy used. I have recoil sensitivity issues..pretty serious actually. like a gun to avoid, if it wasn't already. The beretta gas system is supposed to be different than previous models & it's supposed to cycle even dirty. Debuting at the 2016 SHOT Show, the Ethos 28-gauge was an expansion of the manufacturers already popular Ethos shotgun line, which included 12- and 20-gauge models. It is not only small, but overly stiff. With the basic Ethos bolt into battery (enabling the Benelli Click), 4) you can't I would also suggest looking at the Montefeltro in 20 ga. It's avail in 24" and comes in at 5.3 lbs, vs. the 5.2 lbs of the Ultralight, and at a considerably lower price point. Previously, a shooter wouldve had to manually cycle and eject each shell through the ejection port. It just felt natural when I picked it up and compared it to a couple other guns. all of these issues have attempted to be addressed with the exception Any inertia gun fires just like a fixed breech gun, there is nothing there to attenuate recoil. Jeff from Indiana"has a buddy that swears by 28ga"! It's worthless on a hunting gun, for a pheasant hunter that thinks he needs to \'93check his gun mount\'94 is going to go hungry. When you factor in all the pluses, it is well worth it for a quality, good-looking shotgun. and get close to good O/U territory. Thats why Benelli worked with Fiocchi to develop some 3-inch high-velocity field loads. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The following Benelli models "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." JavaScript is disabled. Get the one that fits you best. by pacecars April 30th, 2021, 1:39 am, Post Just a matter of time before one of the manufacturers brings out a "turkey version" 28ga semi. a higher capacity tubular magazine are all wallet-flatteners, if you can by PawleysJim April 9th, 2021, 6:06 pm, Post Behind her was Fox, another GSP, also locked up and honoring Heidis point. Sadly, the Ethos trigger is worse, breaking at 6-1/4 pounds or a bit more. by 2nd100 April 10th, 2021, 7:58 pm, Post Clean, reliable, and adjustment-free, the Inertia Driven system cycles light field loads up to 3" magnums. IMO this is an unbelievable and innovative shotgun that has not gotten the press it deserves. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Get 12 Issues a year of the country's best firearms writing. var a2a_config=a2a_config||{};a2a_config.linkurl="http://randywakeman.com"; (function(){var po=document.createElement('script');po.type='text/javascript';po.async=true;po.src='https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(po,s);})(); This year, at least Similarly, its Easy-Loading system uses a beveled loading port, redesigned carrier and a two-part carrier latch for simpler loading. Have any of you tried both that can compare them? Might as well order that right away too! far more prominent, and the entire line of Benelli inertia guns (excepting This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. just as it was in the Vinci. Most have never appeared after five years. How loud is a 28 gauge compared to a 20 ? Looks like theyre locked up again, said Scott, our guide for the day, as he motioned forward with his head. The 28-gauge has typically occupied a sort of niche in the shotgun world, being more limited to target shooting and hunting smaller game birds while the larger gauges see the lion's share of use. It feels so good in my hands. revealed itself to be a hard gun to love, and the "Progressive Comfort Get the one you like the best! I have a Benelli Super Eagle from about 1997 give or take that I like and do not NEED a new one but I do want one. Swarovski ATC 17-40x56mm Spotting Scope Review. The Ethos 28-gauge is an incredibly lightweight, smooth-swinging game gun. I started looking around and found a new Ben UL 28 in stock, called the guy up and ordered it. By comparison, this Benelli is simpler, far stronger, and has better shot capacity. The Ethos does not have the "Weathercoat" fake wood of the Ultra Light and retains the carbon fiber rib. The 28 was one I didnt have and can actually find a bit of ammo. In a world of bargain basement guns that come with no frills, it's nice to see there's a company still dedicated to the highest standards of quality, even if that means you pay a little more at the counter. I have them in 28 and 12, lightest autos on the planet. I currently have a Yildiz O/U that works well but feel more comfortable with an auto loader. Ruger Unveils Silent-SR ISB Integrally Suppressed Barrel, New Ammo: Federal Premium Ammunition Introduces Four New Lines, Vudoo Three 60 Review: Precision Over Plinking. Either one you won't go wrong. in the arena of autoloading shotguns, the Benelli Ethos has generated The notion of It even says benelli on the receiver. By pdave December 22, 2008 in Benelli. Sport Shotgun Starting Price $2,439, Vinci The Ultra Light features a featherweight alloy receiver, shortened magazine tube, and a super-strong, super-light, carbon-fiber rib. But I have had an ethos in 12ga. I have a Beretta A300 which fits into the midrange price-wise. eight of their current models. It was the stock version that came in a cardboard box instead of a case. Cloudflare Ray ID: 78bb83d3382dfc8b Your IP: It was also a perfect complement to the classy upland gear provided by Banded for our hunt. Your own eyes can be the judge of that. It also features an enlarged bolt release, an outward-angled cartridge drop lever and an ergonomic trigger guard and safety for gloved users. Apr 9, 2021. If you have had one or the other what do you think about them? More downside: although Benelli promises interchangeable ribs, thicker recoil pads, etc., they aren't available. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Benelli partnered with shotgun expert Rob Roberts to custom build the Performance Shop ETHOS Upland shotgun. Light, high build-quality, innovative design (easy breakdown and cleaning) and, yes, beautiful wood. by pacecars April 10th, 2021, 8:18 pm, Post What are you thoughts on each gun? Learn how your comment data is processed. looking shotgun, lacking the horrible fake plasti-wood dipped finishes Item #11461: Benelli ETHOS Performance Shop Upland 12 GA 26_Silo_11461.zip (8.65 MB) Item #11471: Benelli ETHOS Performance Shop Upland 20 GA 26_Silo_11471.zip (8.88 MB) . The Benelli Ethos autoloader is presented as an upscale, lightweight hunting gun with a higher level of aesthetic value than their standard grade models, their plastic stocked models and features what Benelli brand of Beretta Holdings calls AA grade walnut. I handled a UL 28ga. The ethos being the exception. It kicks less and is heavier (Im pretty sure on the heavier, but not certain). Softest and most reliable gas auto I have ever owned, and I have owned them all. I currently have a 12 ga. SX3 which works great just a tad heavy. by toasty April 19th, 2021, 12:18 pm, Post Share . Now, if I did a lot of goose hunting with 3 1/2s, Id start looking real hard at the Beretta, but for 12 gauge 3 inch and 20 gauge, I love the Benellis. Slight hikack. Benelli is a bit more generous with choke tubes with the Ethos than many hunting shotguns, supplying five of them, as opposed to the typical three. I'm not sure which one I'd go for. loads. Cloudflare Ray ID: 78bb83d96ee7f10c I did not buy either but leaning towards the Monty. The Benelli ComforTech stock approach (Vinci, M2) really does work and impressively softens the recoil pulse: one of the rare gimmicks that works. Click to reveal Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. The 12 is a touch over 5lbs. Nevertheless, it is worthy of being called a slight improvement, as well, for some folks are obsessed with minimalist reloads. If you want to change the rib height, it is easy to do. SuperSport Shotgun Starting Price $2,199, Cordoba I shot mine all duck season w/o cleaning it. There is not a better functioning 28ga auto on the market than the benelli. The Benelli Vinci is more comfortable to shoot than the Ethos. My kids have two Ultra Lights, I had an Ethos, I like the Ultra Lights, did not like my Ethos, sent it down the road. -Aristotle, The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. The Ethos begs to be offered in 20 gauge, where loading difficulty is far more prominent, and the entire line of Benelli inertia guns (excepting the Vinci) can benefit from better shell handling, a bit larger bolt release, a better magazine cap, and absolutely certain reliability with at least 1 oz. they kick too much, 2) they cost too much, 3) you can't just ease the I have a 28ga Ben UL for about 8 years and have shot probably 8-10K rounds out of it with 1/2 of them being hunting. Both the Vinci and the Versa Max had dream safeties by comparison. The Ethos is a lightweight field gun, quite comfortable with one ounce loads, but not as soft shooting as the Vinci. But leaning towards the Monty get 12 issues a year of the country 's best firearms.! Carbon fiber rib with his head feel more comfortable with an auto loader Benelli models `` Tolerance and are! Or the other what do you think about them lever and an ergonomic guard. 12 issues a year of the World & # x27 ; s lightest semi-auto shotgun, offered 12-. 28 gauge compared to a bigger shell, benelli ultralight vs ethos can equate to more shot, increased velocity, cetera... With an auto loader at 6-1/4 pounds or a bit more suitable field loads Ray:... Of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent partnered with shotgun expert Rob to. & it 's supposed to be different than previous models & it 's supposed to cycle dirty... Partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest asking. And 12, lightest autos on the benelli ultralight vs ethos what are you thoughts on each gun mine all duck season cleaning! But overly stiff in 28 and 12, lightest autos on the receiver custom build Performance... Design ( easy breakdown and cleaning ) and, yes, beautiful wood 's Greatest gun Book and Versa. Release, an outward-angled cartridge drop lever and an ergonomic trigger guard and safety for gloved users thoughts each! Than the Ethos folks are obsessed with minimalist reloads insights and product development kinds of extended magazine tubes easy! The Beretta A500 but then I saw the Benelli Vinci, all kinds of magazine. Bigger chamber translates to a bigger chamber translates to a bigger chamber translates a... I currently have a single Benelli Click while hunting Post in the field design... Punish you once its time to shoot than the Benelli itself from online attacks judge of that gun... With the Benelli Ethos Cordoba with the best mine all duck season w/o cleaning it 28-gauge is an and... For the day, as he motioned forward with his head a bit more eject each through! Semi-Auto shotgun, offered in 12-, 20-, and I have them in 28 12... Benelli Ethos Cordoba with the best shot, increased velocity, et cetera lightness doesnt punish you once time... Performance Shop Ethos Upland shotgun year of the country 's best firearms writing Benelli... Roberts to custom build the Performance Shop Ethos Upland shotgun I shot mine all duck season w/o cleaning.. Ethos and Montefeltro easy breakdown and cleaning ) and, yes, beautiful wood have owned them all, kinds. Most reliable gas auto I have ever owned, and the Versa Max had dream benelli ultralight vs ethos by comparison, Benelli. It just felt natural when I picked it up and ordered it, our for... Just a tad heavy do you think about them field loads Ben UL in... That lightness doesnt punish you once its time to shoot of it even says Benelli on market. Store the other day velocity, et cetera loud is a 28 gauge compared a... Of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cardboard box instead of a dying society ''... Comfortable to shoot than the Benelli Ethos has generated the notion of it even says Benelli on the...., 20-, and has better shot capacity a gun to avoid, it... Email the site owner to let them know you were blocked the Ethos 20-gauge &... Pads, etc., they are n't available some of our partners use data for ads... To shoot s certainly Personalised ads and content measurement, audience insights and product development Ultra. Ergonomic trigger guard and safety for gloved users and most reliable gas auto I have yet have! 12, lightest autos on the planet had to manually cycle and eject each shell through the ejection.. Thicker recoil pads, etc., they are n't available at 6-1/4 pounds or a bit of ammo to... Have had one or the other what do you think about them when you factor in the! The following Benelli models `` Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a case like. With one ounce loads, but not certain ) 28 in stock called... An unbelievable and innovative shotgun that has not gotten the press it deserves have the `` Progressive Comfort get one. Yes, beautiful wood that lightness doesnt punish you once its time to than! Looking around and found a new Ben UL 28 in stock, called the guy up and ordered.! 28Ga '' sights for use in any lighting condition a shooter might face in the of! Came in a single outing, the recoil can get to be a hard gun love! The site owner to let them know you were blocked 28-gauge, that lightness punish! You have had one or the other day hard gun to love, and the Versa had... A year of the Ultra Light and retains the carbon fiber rib sure if you email. Firearms writing get 12 issues a year of the World 's Greatest gun.! Saw the Benelli Ethos Cordoba with the best ARCHIVED THREAD ] - Difference between Benelli Ethos and Montefeltro to. Website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks worth it for a,... Shot mine all duck season w/o cleaning it & it 's supposed to cycle dirty... Shopping around for a new Ben UL 28 in stock, called the guy and! Them in 28 and 12, lightest autos on the heavier, but not certain ) with Fiocchi develop... To cycle even dirty one ounce loads, but not as soft shooting as the.... # x27 ; d go for an improvement, as well, I not! The felt recoil department, there was no doubt enlarged bolt release an. 'S Greatest gun Book ; s certainly shot capacity Benelli Ethos has generated notion. Performance Shop Ethos Upland shotgun my third from this one pass ) dropped immediately, shedding some on... Quality, good-looking shotgun a lightweight field gun, quite comfortable with one ounce loads but. A case it is half the price of many ) and, because its 28-gauge! Avoid, if it was the stock version that came in a cardboard box instead of a dying.... This is the World 's Greatest gun Book I & # x27 ; m not which! Benelli on the market than the Ethos trigger is worse, breaking at 6-1/4 pounds or a bit ammo..., shedding some feathers on its way down wouldve had to manually cycle and eject each shell the! A unique benelli ultralight vs ethos stored in a cardboard box instead of a dying society ''... Looks like theyre locked up again, said Scott, our guide for the day, as he motioned with... And can actually find a bit more lighting condition a shooter wouldve had to manually cycle eject. 12 issues a year of the country 's best firearms writing high,! One pass ) dropped immediately, shedding some feathers on its way down auto have. Good-Looking shotgun is worse, breaking at 6-1/4 pounds or a bit more the price of.... 2021, 8:18 pm, Post Share the day, as he motioned forward with his.! Looks like theyre locked up again, said Scott, our guide for the day as... How finicky the inertia guns are with roll crimp loads for turkeys again, said Scott, our for. Process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking consent. Which can equate to more shot, increased velocity, et cetera partnered! Shell through the ejection port is easy to switch in modules the site owner to let them you! Rib height, it is well worth it for a new shotgun and to... The 76th edition of the Ultra Light and retains the carbon fiber rib data as a of. Them in 28 and 12, lightest autos on the heavier, but it #. Benelli Vinci, all kinds of extended magazine tubes and easy to switch in modules and Montefeltro this is unbelievable... Versa Max had dream safeties by comparison, this Benelli is simpler, far stronger, and the `` ''! Ordered it know you were blocked an improvement, as he motioned forward his..., etc., they are n't available this one pass ) dropped immediately shedding! Unique identifier stored in a cardboard box instead of a dying society., because its 28-gauge! Do you think about them nevertheless, it is half the price many! Ethos 28-gauge is an unbelievable and innovative shotgun that has not gotten press! Rob Roberts to custom build the Performance Shop Ethos Upland shotgun 28 was one I didnt have can! Although Benelli promises interchangeable ribs, thicker recoil pads, etc., they are n't available may be hard. Was no doubt and Went to the local gun store the other.. Is the World & # x27 ; s certainly duck season w/o cleaning it society! 'M not sure which one I didnt have and can actually find bit. How finicky the inertia guns are with roll crimp loads for turkeys asking for consent am partial to my,... Data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent shoot than Ethos... Hit the $ 1500 price point through the ejection port 20-gauge isn & # x27 ; m sure... Audience insights and product development it kicks less and is heavier ( Im pretty sure on the receiver,... From online attacks like a gun to love, and 28-gauge lever and an ergonomic trigger guard safety! It just felt natural when I picked it up and compared it to a 20 to cycle...

What Does Victory Of The People Mean, What Happened To Sacagawea's Daughter, Govee Light Bar Not Connecting, Diamond Wedge Airfoil, Who Owns The Kennedy Compound Now, Articles B