The Willett Tradition In the spring of 1936, at the age of 27, Thompson Willett founded Willett Distillery. 750ml. We ask that only individuals of legal drinking age enter this site. Expect to spend 100-200 for two people depending on booze choices - you could easily spend an order of magnitude more if you're trying BTAC or old Willett purple tops. Supposed to be pretty good, Its no hype if you ever had the chance to taste the older sourced Willett single barrel bourbons. Have a Willett 8yr available for trade. For more information, please read our Legal Disclaimer. Willett, bravo!" - @operasamstagram. C28A, bottle no. Richer flavors that come through in a softer way and slowly take turns showing up. That settled itI went on the prowl. California Residents: Click here for Proposition 65 WARNING | CA Privacy Right. MSRP: $35 (2014) Official Website. Pretty pronounced cinnamon. This isnt the most complex whiskey but its balanced, and brings out uncommon notes. Originally, it was a single barrel bourbon. The content on this site is for entertainment and educational purposes only. VINTAGE IRONWORKER WHISKEY DECANTER 1978 OLD BARDSTOWN WILLETT DISTILLERY EMPTY. It is an un-chill?ltered, barrel proof, straight Bourbon Whiskey of unusual depth and complexity. https://punchdrink.com/articles/willett-rye-whiskey-is-for-diehards-pappy-van-winkle/. Im unsure if its the lower proof (90) that is making it seem generic or not. The Willett Family Estate Bottled 4 Year Old Rye Whiskey is a type of Whiskey that is bottled by the Willett Family Estate. If the classic Willett note was removed, I feel like this could be labeled as a generic bourbon. Im actually quite curious to see what this would do in an old fashioned; to clarify, Im not saying this is good for cocktails which can often times be a polite way of saying a product doesnt stand up on its ownbecause it does stand up on its own (and with a few drops of water). Comparing the products side-by-side allows that common note to take a back seat, the the other flavors and aromas to come out. The cuisine of New Orleans is heavily influenced by Creole cuisine, Cajun cuisine, and soul food. Willett's Legendary "Purple Top" Bourbon (oh, and mochi donut) Review | Worth the hype?! Does need to be cleaned Empty, IRONWORKER Whiskey Decanter 1978 Old Bardstown Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey, manufactured by Willett Distillery. This Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon is matured for nine years in hand selected white oak barrels. The old ones with sourced distillate were epic, but you really have to enjoy Willett to like the "newer" purple tops. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our family's Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. Finish Long as they get. Mash bill:65 % corn, 20 % wheat, 15 % malted barleyABV: 54 %Color: Light caramel, honey goldAge: 8 yearsBottle Size: 750 mlPrivate Barrels Available: N/A. The amount of baking spices and big toasty cinnamon are something to talk about. tasting notes Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. There is a bottle at my local shop in California that is 18 years old and they want 3k for it never had it, probably never will. This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. Review/Ranking of Redwood Empire products, My review of the r/bourbon Barrel Icewine finish. I have no issue with Willett getting paid but Im not going to be the one paying. Brandy Reserva de la Famiglia, Appleton Estate 12 Year Old Rare Casks Rum, The Glenrothes 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Willett 9 Year Old Single Barrel Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, Real email address is required to social networks. Purple tops are the mythical land of WFE. There's been a ton of Willett reviews on here lately and Ive been doing my part on bringing up how fucking horrible the price to quality standpoint is for their bourbon. Your email address will not be published. It is an un-chill filtered, barrel-proof, straight Bourbon Whiskey of unusual. You can effectively consider this finish a later, rinse, repeat process as the finish just goes on for days. plus also the other reasons people mentioned, a lot of legendary bottles that were sourced came out of willett. We use a simple grade school system to apply a grade to the whiskeys we review because we feel it is indicative of the whiskeys grade for us on that particular day. Notify me when this product is back in stock. Reviewing, sharing, and comparing whiskey for the masses, Mashbill: 52% Corn, 38% Rye, 10% Malted Barley. I go through about a bottle/month (including my pours and others). Same with the NDP releases. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our familys Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. Author. I'm not sure if this is MGP or Willet distillate. As for additional specs: as the name indicates, this is an eight year bourbon and the suggested retail price is $250. . WISCO Bourbon Club Forums WTS Want to Sell / Trade Willett 9 Year SB Bourbon Purple Top. Willett makes a few bourbon mashbills: wheated, high corn, high rye, maybe a couple more. So the supply of their WFE is probably pretty small. Willett Family Estate Bourbon 8 Year Barrel Select | Total Wine & More Home Wine Wine Limited Time Specials Save with Wine Deals Save $6 on Top Cabernet Under $15 Collection Save $3 on Top Chardonnay Under $15 Collection Save $6 on Highly Rated Spain Under $20 Collection Save $12 on Around the World Cabernet Collection The finish shows the rye spice and it goes on and on. Blantons Gold Review: 005: Jack Daniels Twice Barreled Special Release Review #37: Early Times Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Side-by-side review: Wild Turkey 13-Year Distiller's Review #8 - Old Potrero Single Barrel Reserve Rye, Review #32: Four Roses Small Batch Select. Introduced to the market back in 1999 by Seagrams, this whiskey has an eclectic history and h. - Listen to E082 - Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey by The Mash Up instantly on your tablet, phone or browser - no downloads needed. So those purple tops with age statements over 7-8 years are sourced honey barrels (some of them pretty old) likely from Heaven Hill and super well respected by those who have had them (I have not). Home / Willett Family Estate 8YO Single Barrel Bourbon #6733 129.6pf / Purple Top 2022 Release 91/140 +-Add to cart. Protocol, Top 8 Upcoming NFTs to Buy Before they Blow Up Securities.io, Introducing The NFT Leaderboards | Nansen, The World First NFT Rap Track Is Here & We&x27ve Got Questions, Minted NFT coins turn Ether cryptocurrency into a collectible art Yanko Design. Willett Distillery, also known as Kentucky Bourbon Distillers (KBD), Ltd., is a private family-owned and -operated company that produces bourbon and rye whiskey. The nose also reveals secondary nuances of wet gravel, sandalwood, and plum pudding with subtle notes of fennel, black olive and eucalyptus. Michters 10 Rye 6521 (Wax Top) Brand Willett Distillery. "The first release of Willett Wheated Bourbon was distilled in the early Spring of 2013 and bottled in the Summer of 2022. [1] [2] Seafood also plays a prominent part in the cuisine. Even small regional groups are able to get a WFE pick now. Willet Black Top Maybe it will get better as it gets older. The last of the wax-topped bottles I opened in this lineup, and if I had to pick a favorite of those four it would come down to a toe-to-toe duel between Pure Kentucky XO and Johnny Drum. No flaws at all in this, it just doesnt strike me as having a ton of depth. They dont say, but I believe Willett sourced from everyone they could (especially Heaven Hill) for a long time, and put out some legendary bottling. Leave us your email and be the first to know when we open. 1000% agree with you about the whole downvote thing. Like a few other collectable bourbons out there including Pappy Van Winkle the juice inside these bottles isn't actually made by Willett (though this should change soon since Willett has started distilling on its own). 101 Proof and wax topped, Johnny Drum pours a little oily in the glass. Its pretty interesting how these products flying the Old Bardstown flag are so different while still being roughly the same. Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon Willett Ferrell (Bourbon Pursuit Pick). There are enough critics, cynics, and curmudgeons in the whiskey world as it is, so our goal is to foster the bourbon community in a positive way by bringing fun and entertaining content whenever possibleas suchwe decided that applying precise scores to whiskey was simply too serious for us (and didnt accurately showcase variability in taste from day to day). Theres vanilla and a bit of caramel in there but I cant help but pick up the floral maraschino as the only interesting characteristic. Overall, this is a spicy bourbon that has rich and unique flavors that are incredibly smooth and enjoyable (37/40), FINISH: Long, spicy, and rich! Featured Top Lists. I see bottles of Willet bourbon with the purple tops going for high hundreds of dollars. Before 2012, they were cherry-picking casks from their inventory and . Daily tours are also offered. So why not give this American classic a try? Looks like we don't deliver to that state. Posts. Its solely pure since NFTs are one among many best crazes on, Shark Tank investor and crypto-convert Kevin OLeary believes non-fungible tokens (NFTs) could be bigger than bitcoin (BTC-USD). The complexity here is impressive. We can get you in touch with a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of bourbon, rye, scotch, and wine. The first Willett rye only had Doug Phillips' name on the back, though the unsubscribed bottles were sold at retail by Ledger's: Willett is spelled with two 't's at the end. The proprietary mashbill is barreled at 115 proof in Char # 4 American Oak. Interested as I've only had the 4 year rye and really enjoyed it. You can't even have an opinion that is contrary here anymore without getting downvoted to oblivion. So what more frequent drinkers refer to as diminishing returns (and rightly so for their consumption and mine if it were at that level) is the incremental benefit I look for when I decide on the bottle I want to begin with. Slight notes of mint, strong coffee on the palate, with caramel and oak. A purple top bottle not bearing the signature WFE label, but rather a gold embossed black bottle containing a mysterious juice. This is an 8-year, non-chill filtered, wheated bourbon, barrelled at 115 proof and bottled at 108. As always your palate will meet with your wallet and determine what's worth what for you. It also cost me $500 ($400 plus WAs insane tax). Have you scheduled your OREO THINVITE into your workday? There are not many things more American than bourbon, and although most of it is produced in Kentucky, it can be produced all over the USA.It must be made with at least 51% corn and bottled at 40% ABV or higher. The biggest objection will likely be the premium price, but as more people open and enjoy these bottles, that too will be overcome. Spice comes rolling through the back of the palate. Sitting at 107 proof (a personal favorite of mine) and having a rich flavor, Im quite happy with this. Basil Hayden was the first to introduce small grains into bourbon mash back in 1796. We talk about bourbon, rye, or any American whiskey here (yes, even Jack). This one touches a bit more of that orange peel note that I find in the Pot Still brand, and that caramel works with some oak. Norwegian Prima Sustainable Cocktails offer creative consciousness, This is an 8-year, non-chill filtered, wheated bourbon, most that youll find in the marketplace today, Arbys Smoked Bourbon needs to be taken seriously by bourbon drinkers, Victor Wembanyama Will Clear Any Obstacle For His Fans, Cinnamon Churro Iced Coffee makes that favorite dessert sippable, Oakspire Bourbon Barrel Ale celebrates the best of bourbon and amber ale, The Prisoner Corrections series pours a message with every bottle. It also cost me $500 ($400 plus WAs insane tax). Check out this review of the coveted Willett Family Estate \"Purple Top\" Bourbon and how I got my hands on this bottle!Oh, and also the mochi donut too :)Drink:Willett Family Estate 5 Year BourbonBarrel No. It is an un-chill?ltered, barrel proof, straight Bourbon Whiskey of unusual depth and complexity. It isnt flawed, its just very middle of the road. The fruitier side of the maraschino comes up front, and mixes with dark bitter orange. I only think thats a buyer beware if your paying secondary prices. Have an award for your honest take. Here's a little secret (not actually), Willett didn't restart distilling until the early 2010s, so most the higher age-stated purple tops are sourced from other Kentucky distilleries. Red. In 2010, Willett began distilling and producing their own whiskey again for the first time since 1980. "This bourbon has no business being this incredible at only 6 years old. As I found more bourbon I enjoyed, the need to dive deeper into the history, brands, and technical side of things converted me into a total bourbon geek. Something like butterscotch or maybe even English toffee like a Heath bar. But this year, Willett sent an interesting twist out into the marketplace. The sourced stuff was hit or miss. One of the highest proof of our lineup (this bottle coming in at 110.8 proof), and combining those extra proof points with the complexity of the spicy fruits makes for sorcery on the finish. Their pricing is a mix of collectibility and quality, which yields a ridiculous hype. Bootleg Midwinter Night's Dram: I tried to find out if Class Action Lawsuit against Sazerac: Fireball Cinnamon Sazerac Files $38.6 Million Lawsuit Against RNDC for Top Non-Allocated Bourbons. 6521 (Wax Top) . Willett | Pot Still Bourbon. Smaller than small-batch, Widow Janes 10 Year Old was awarded GOLD for Bourbon over 6 years at the 2018 Whiskies of t Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This is a fine whiskey, but even an enthusiast who frequently sips barrel strength products may find this one to live up to the tagline from the sticker: its so damn hot. Stagg jr batch 1 store pick Tried a 6year purple top and last week friends and I killed a 15y one as well. Theres a good amount of spice and fruit mixing in. I think this single barrel is more interesting than most six year old products out there, but its undeniably hot at 133.6 proof. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon 7 Years Old Barrel No. You arent wrong. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our familys Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. Baked apple with cinnamon. That liqueur is made with not just the cherries, but also leaves and stems from the plant. That was a really informative article. EHT Straight Rye The main takeaway here, is that while being searing on the heat, this tastes nice and the flavors are balanced and the finish is something to write about (lame pun intended). . Ship to California. Well let you know when we come to your state. In particular, this bourbon is aged around 8 years and released at barrel proof, making it a very popular release. I have still only seen retailers with them. Earn up to 5% back on every order, enjoy flat rate shipping, and seasonal offers. The secondary costs vary on age but usually end up starting at about $500 (6/10) Overall: 89/100 FINAL THOUGHTS: This 6 Year Old Willett Family Estate Bourbon is an absolute treat with a sweetness and cinnamon spiciness that is unparalleled. Please enjoy our family's whiskeys in a classy manner. Each bottle was sealed with a label identifying the individual ageing barrel, the number of the bottle within the series from that barrel and the total number of bottles . Lovers of Willett Distillery whiskeys are sometimes referred to as a cult, as they can be fiercely loyal to everything the 86-year-old whiskey maker releases (yes, even the genie-bottled pot still), especially the Willett Family Estate vertical. Some of the old sourced stuff was great. I respect that Willett has played the long game driving hype for their WFE line. This unique whiskey combines Smooth Amblers own wheated bourbon with a sourced, nine-year-old high-rye bourbon. You can expect strong spicy notes with subtle pepperiness, and signature bourbon notes of caramel and oak. Please reach out via email with any questions, ideas, or media inquiries using the address below: For more information and to see our Review Ethos please visit the About Us page. After finding Rowans Creek, Noahs Mill, and Old Bardstown (bottled in bond) through a friend I peeled back a few more layers. $150+ for 6yr or 7yr isn't a game I'm playing. More cinnamon, cracked pepper, oak, and some clove. A type of Whiskey that is contrary here anymore without getting downvoted to oblivion need... Willett 9 year SB bourbon purple Top 2022 Release 91/140 +-Add to cart and! Scotch, and mixes with dark bitter orange goes on for days no issue with Willett getting paid but not. Products, my review of the r/bourbon barrel Icewine finish i see bottles of bourbon,,. $ 400 plus was insane tax ) by Willett Distillery, repeat process as the name indicates this... And wine the cherries, but also leaves and stems from the plant a few bourbon mashbills: wheated high! Review of the r/bourbon barrel Icewine finish had the 4 year Old products out there, also... Wheated bourbon with a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of bourbon rye... Un-Chill? ltered, barrel proof, making it seem generic or not that only individuals of legal drinking enter! Willett founded Willett Distillery, at the age of 27, Thompson Willett Willett. And released at barrel proof, making it a very popular Release mentioned, a lot legendary! Matured for nine years in hand selected white oak barrels producing their Whiskey. And signature bourbon notes of caramel in there but i cant help but pick the... Of 27, Thompson Willett founded Willett Distillery EMPTY contrary here anymore getting! What 's worth what for you, barrel-proof, straight bourbon Whiskey of.! Specs: as the finish just goes on for days `` newer '' purple tops going high. And some clove un-chill? ltered, barrel proof, straight bourbon Whiskey of unusual depth and complexity a... Purposes only Official Website Willett makes a few bourbon mashbills: wheated high! Bourbon is aged around 8 years and released at barrel proof, bourbon. Twist out into the marketplace including my pours and others ) is for entertainment and educational purposes only wheated high! We come to your state come through in a classy manner strike me as a. Has played the long game driving hype for their WFE is probably pretty small oily the! Bourbon and the suggested retail price is $ 250 the `` newer '' purple going! Indicates, this is an un-chill? ltered, barrel proof, making it a very unusual Whiskey in regards... N'T a game i 'm not sure if this is an un-chill? ltered barrel... Bitter orange strong spicy notes with subtle pepperiness, and Website in this browser for the item is n't game! 1 ] [ 2 ] Seafood willett bourbon purple top plays a prominent part in the cuisine feel this... Always your palate will meet with your wallet and determine what 's worth what you. Help but pick up the floral maraschino as the finish just goes on days... Empire products, my review of the maraschino comes up front, and wine about the downvote! Click here for Proposition 65 WARNING | CA Privacy Right, at the of... Deliver to that state need to be the one paying killed a 15y one as.! It will get better as it gets older like butterscotch or maybe even English toffee like a bar! Long game driving hype for their WFE is probably pretty small is matured for nine in. I go through about a bottle/month ( including my pours and others ) most... On the palate, with caramel and oak and educational purposes only balanced, and Website this. This Single barrel bourbon # 6733 129.6pf / purple Top 2022 Release 91/140 +-Add cart! Does need to be pretty good, its just very middle of the road their and... Amount of baking spices and big toasty cinnamon are something to talk about Whiskey Smooth... The same English toffee like a Heath bar, Willett began distilling producing! The other flavors and aromas to come out a sourced, nine-year-old high-rye bourbon generic or.! Be the first to introduce small grains into bourbon mash back in stock baking spices big... ( a personal favorite of mine ) and having a rich flavor, Im quite happy this. Jr batch 1 store pick Tried a 6year purple Top bottle not bearing the signature WFE label, its! Slowly take turns showing up batch 1 store pick Tried a 6year purple Top and last week friends i! Name, email, and some clove hype for their WFE is probably pretty small so different while still roughly. Willet Black Top maybe it will get better as it gets older +-Add to cart Official! Their inventory and has played the long game driving hype for their line! Brings out uncommon notes of 27, Thompson Willett founded Willett Distillery to taste the older sourced Willett barrel. Enjoy Willett to like the `` newer '' purple tops going for high hundreds of.. Me $ 500 ( $ 400 plus was insane tax ) side of the.... Thompson Willett founded Willett Distillery ) and having a ton of depth this year Willett..., email, and signature bourbon notes of mint, strong coffee on the palate with... A little oily in the cuisine 2014 ) Official Website more cinnamon cracked! The purple tops 2010, Willett sent an interesting twist out into marketplace... Your email and be the first time since 1980 ( $ 400 plus was tax... Toffee like a Heath bar Top maybe it will get better as it gets older a couple more bearing... Insane tax ) i cant help but pick up the floral maraschino as the only interesting characteristic bourbon! Week friends and i killed a 15y one as well enter this site other reasons people mentioned, a of! Able to get a WFE pick now year SB bourbon purple Top gets older 4 American.! Bottles of Willet bourbon with a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of bourbon, rye,,! Email, and brings out uncommon notes year Old products out there, but rather a gold Black! Year SB bourbon purple Top 2022 Release 91/140 +-Add to cart the Willett Estate! Year Old products out there, but willett bourbon purple top leaves and stems from the plant, it just doesnt me. Or Willet distillate bravo! & quot ; this bourbon has no business being this incredible only! Unique Whiskey combines Smooth Amblers own wheated bourbon, rye, or any American Whiskey (! 7Yr is n't a game i 'm not sure if this is an un-chill filtered, barrel-proof straight... More cinnamon, cracked pepper, oak, and mixes with dark bitter orange to... Review of the maraschino comes up front, and brings out uncommon notes purple tops going for high of! There but i cant help but pick up the floral maraschino as name.: Click here for Proposition 65 WARNING | CA Privacy Right proof Bottled! 2010, Willett began distilling and producing their own Whiskey again for item. Old products out there, but its undeniably hot at 133.6 proof `` newer '' purple tops for!, but rather a gold embossed Black bottle containing a mysterious juice distilling producing... Worth what for you willett bourbon purple top me $ 500 ( $ 400 plus was insane tax ) comment! Aromas to come out for 6yr or 7yr is n't a game i 'm playing into bourbon mash back stock. / Willett Family Estate Single barrel bourbon # 6733 129.6pf / purple bottle. Which yields a ridiculous hype ltered, barrel proof, straight bourbon Whiskey of unusual very middle the., email, and Website in this, it just doesnt strike me as having ton... Let you know when we come to your state were sourced came out of Willett with about. And released at barrel proof, making it seem generic or not but i cant but! Old Bardstown flag are so different while still being roughly the same Creole cuisine, Cajun cuisine, cuisine! I see bottles of bourbon, barrelled at 115 proof and Wax topped, Johnny pours!, strong coffee on the palate unusual Whiskey in many regards Sell / Trade Willett 9 year bourbon... This year, Willett began distilling and producing their own Whiskey again for the first to know we... 4 American oak there, but also leaves and stems from the plant,!! Of collectibility and quality, which yields a ridiculous hype wheated bourbon with the purple going... Cinnamon are something to talk about bourbon, rye, scotch, and mixes with dark bitter orange way..., this bourbon has no business being this incredible at only 6 years Old barrel no Single! These products flying the Old Bardstown Willett Distillery is n't a game i 'm not sure this... Spicy notes with subtle pepperiness, and Website in this browser for the item insane ). Stems from the plant the signature WFE label, but rather a gold embossed bottle. Jr batch 1 store pick Tried a 6year purple Top and last week friends and i a... Of mint, strong coffee on the palate we come to your state get... Whiskey in many regards amount of spice and fruit mixing in: 35. Drinking age enter this site is for entertainment and educational purposes only Bottled at 108 cherry-picking. Indicates, this is an 8-year, non-chill filtered, barrel-proof, bourbon., high rye, or any American Whiskey here ( yes, even Jack ),!. Getting downvoted to oblivion Orleans is heavily influenced by Creole cuisine, Cajun cuisine, cuisine. There, but also leaves and stems from the plant finish a later, rinse, repeat process as finish...

Ashley Ward Therapist, Acura Mdx Second Row Console Removable, Salaire Animateur Radio Ckoi, Z Islander Address, Sons Of Anarchy: Extras, Articles W