For QuestBridge or Early Decision I applicants, the deadline to request an interview is October 7. 52 Western University of Health Sciences reviews in Pomona. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member My classmates are also great. No, there's nothing more (or less) that WesternU can offer you. | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "Read about Problem Based Learning. More from this Member More from this Member But by that time, you're pretty comfortable, so overall it was the most relaxed interview experience I've had. | Report Response western pomona interview | Student Doctor Network Any advice on best way to prepare? More from this Member Looked up sample behavioral questions." You must log in or register to reply here. | Report Response, "The program really tries to prepare students for the ''real-world'' by emphasizing problem solving and team work through Patient Based Learning modules. Mock interview with 2 professors." More from this Member I left with a huge smile painted on my face. More from this Member They did not deviate from the questions which make it feel less personal." . | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "An impromptu role-playing scenario that was specific to my work experience and that pretty much re-created my deepest, darkest fear. More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "asked a spedific question about my personal statement." There was no surprises during the interview -- just the behavioral questions posted on SDN." Is it one application for both schools???? | I was asked this question too, "Describe a time you were unable to meet a deadline." | Report Response, "Location. | I was asked this question too, "as i stated earlier, all the students get the exact same questions, so in the spirit of fairness, i'll just say that they were all typical behavioral based questions." More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "Great school." | Report Response, "Very student oriented, listen to feedback from students and interviewees." The following presentation is a good first-step in addressing your financial aid questions at WesternU. There was much joking amongst the applicants that this was a test of our manual dexterity, and that if we showed up without a stained suit for our afternoon interviews we were in. More from this Member "I was pleasantly surprised that I felt more at home here than I did at Western-Pomona. More from this Member Of those interviewed, 171 students were admitted. | Report Response Overall, it was durable, not very mentally taxing,. (Can't remember the exact wording of it)" More from this Member Pretty simple." | Report Response | Report Response, "Looked on here and reviewed my supplemental app questions from here and other schools. More from this Member | Report Response, "The cost of tuition and living" It shouldn't have been a surprise since I am from the NW. Act natural." | Report Response | Report Response, "Definitely a good school with great faculty. Get started with your Free Employer Profile, Teaching Assistant Research Associate (1), Admissions Processing Coordinator Interview, interview process at Western University of Health Sciences, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. | Report Response, "Nothing. | Report Response, "How friendly everyone was, the facilities and their program!" Looked up behavioral based interview questions." More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Give us an example of a good learning experience." Claremont, CA 91711, After Pomona: Baseball Analyst Guy Stevens 13, After Pomona: E.R. | Report Response, "not for large animal people!" environmental, political issues) but I've never directly advocated for one person, that was difficult for me to answer." | Report Response More from this Member Trying to squeeze in the tour between the traditional interview and the MMI." This sub IS NOT for advertisement of "osteopathy" and non-evidence based medicine. | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "SDN, speaking to a family member that has been trained in administering behavioral-based interviews, practice with a friend" Also, the student body is diverse in some ways (many Asians and a few other ethnicities present) but with how family-centric and rural the area is, I wonder about how comfortable an LGBT student would be here." More from this Member More from this Member The Office of Financial Aid has designed an online presentation specifically for WesternU interviewees. | Report Response Full Time position. | I was asked this question too, "they were all the same" | Report Response, "very disorganized interview process and day." | I was asked this question too, "When did you experience another group member who disliked you/was angry at you, what action did you take, and what was the result?" two faculty per room. More from this Member all typical behavioral based questions." Read and practiced questions online, read general MMI strategy, thoroughly reviewed by primary and secondary apps." | I was asked this question too, "Describe a time where you used innovation to solve a problem" More from this Member | Report Response, "Felt like I was my best self on interview day, felt like I nailed both the traditional interview and MMI, was excited to receive a swift acceptance. | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "How many DO schools did I apply to?" | Report Response, "Pomona is a drag. Many of the question posted on this feedback were asked. I wished they would have asked more about me (what school I went to, where I was from, etc.) | Report Response, "The interviews are just weird. More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a time when you had competing priorities" | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response The weather is amazing. More from this Member | Report Response, "Be early when parking. It was a little nerve racking to have my interview as the second to last activity, but the other activities/tours kept me fairly distracted until then." Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Virtual and/or in-person interviews with alumni are offered for interested prospective applicants who are high school seniors or prospective transfer applicants. | Report Response, "Follow up on interview emails! Western Governors University; University of Massachusetts Lowell; Grand Canyon University; . Anybody get a pre-secondary R yet? | Report Response Made it seem a bit more conversational." | Report Response, "How relaxed the interview process was" More from this Member | Report Response, "No prep for the COMLEX, study on your own..there are still some kinks to be worked out as it is a new campus. It may not be called PBL, but the school has similar programs elsewhere in nicer areas and nicer facilities." More from this Member | Report Response, "I cannot think of anything I wish I had known ahead of time. Instead, they have Banfield (who I hate)." | I was asked this question too, "What is something to you do for your strengths and what is something you do for your weakness?" Both were very nice and expressed their desire to make me comfortable. More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response PBL sounds like a great way to learn- it's easier to be engaged in a discussion than in a lecture, even if the material is interesting. | Report Response COMP-NW seems like a great school: very friendly and supportive students and faculty, great location, pretty good rotation locations, and overall a good feel." | Report Response, "Everyone was SO friendly, all the students seemed really laid back and very helpful." before they started the interview." | I was asked this question too, "A time you were in a novel situation that was different from anything you had experienced before." Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Western University of Health Sciences as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.80 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Interview was conducted with average college admission questions. They have so many resources! Based on 1 salaries posted anonymously by Pomona College Writing Partner employees in Westlake Village. | I was asked this question too, "Describe a time when something didn't go your way and how you reacted" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "None of them were very interesting." More from this Member | Report Response, "The security guards constantly walking around." More from this Member They dont have faculty for all the subjects at the school so the only way to contact them is discussion forums and telecommunications from Pomona. Im starting to prewrite for this school and I'm not sure how I write 500 words for my most memorable community service activity. | Report Response none were especially difficult, but all were thought provoking. | I was asked this question too, "Talk about a risky decision you made. | Report Response | Report Response, "It was great to learn more about the school during the activities before and after the interview. | I was asked this question too, "How could you contribute to our school's diversity?" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "When was there a time where you had differences while working with a group or individual and how did you overcome it?" More from this Member | Report Response, "The problem based learning session. More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Read responses on SDN's interview feedback, watched youtube channels for MMI tips, read a book on interview tips, interviewed at other schools, wrote answers to common/expected questions and read them out loud the night before the interview." This would be my 9th interview this cycle so I'm just kinda tired of interviewing. More from this Member | Report Response, "The interviewers were all very kind and open." They made the interview completely relaxing and even fun. Candidates interviewing for Research Assistant and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Administrative Associate roles were rated as the easiest. More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member Each interview session lasts approximately 25-30 minutes during which time the applicant is also given an opportunity to ask questions. They talked about a student that wanted a nutrition education and a professor created an extracurricular program/powerpoint to fulfill that need." More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "What was one of your biggest failures and how you were able to overcome it" Western University Campus-Pomona, CA . More from this Member Then I had to complete an excel activity. | Report Response, "I was accepted to this school. More from this Member "The questions they asked were the same ones at the Pomona campus. Common stages of the interview process at Western University of Health Sciences according to 16 Glassdoor interviews include: Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter, How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job. | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a time when people relied on you." | Report Response, "The professors seemed really nice, and the PBL curriculum would be perfect for me." They were all welcoming and friendly. | Report Response | Report Response | Report Response, "The bus tour on interview day was amazing, I was really impressed with the local area." You can tour the facilities, chat with faculty and students, and learn more about WesternU's DO curriculum and admission requirements as well as learning about upcoming campus eve 30 Questions and Answers. More from this Member More from this Member It shouldn't have been a surprise since I am from the NW. More from this Member Made it hard for me to say all the things I was thinking.So I suppose I wish I knew how nervous I would be!" | Report Response | Report Response, "I was pleasantly surprised that I felt more at home here than I did at Western-Pomona. I applied online and had 2 interviews with the managers and the team. | Report Response | Report Response Schedule an On-Campus Interview Schedule a Virtual Interview Interview Deadlines 2022-2023 First-Year Candidates - Interviews Optional November 14 - Early Decision I December 9 - Early Decision II December 9 - Regular Decision Transfer Candidates - Interviews Optional October 7 - Spring Transfer March 31 - Fall Transfer More from this Member | Report Response, "Everyone I met at the school was extremely positive and up beat, I really love the unique curriculum that WesternU offers, and I love how enthusiastic the professors and students were" More from this Member Great discussion. | Report Response, "General Experience, previous application cycles, SDN, talked with friend about current world insurance topics." | Report Response More from this Member 259 Gentle Springs Ln, Diamond Bar, CA 91765 ~4.24 miles southwest of Pomona center. | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a time when you attemped something and failed." More from this Member | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a time you attempted something and failed. " I did not get mine until three days before I was supposed to be there..and that was after I called twice about it!" Learn More Find a Provider Map/Directions WesternU Health Pomona 795 E. Second Street, Pomona CA 91766 WesternU Health Los Angeles 2080 Century Park East, Suite 800 Los Angeles, CA 90067 ), I still really LOVED the school. | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about your experience with diversity" mini multiple interview with faculty. Usually, a team of two members comprise an interview team consisting of one faculty and one current student of the College of Pharmacy. More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Tell me about a decision you regret" Like tell us about one conversation, or one interaction. More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Tell me about a time you used an innovative solution to solve a problem." Any Canadians get a secondary? | I was asked this question too, "Why Osteopathy" 333 N. College Way | Report Response We were given a campus tour, time to chat with current students and lunch. | I was asked this question too, "Talk about someone that you really like OR dislike and why you think you guys get along so well or don't get along so well" | Report Response You have to pay for all your travel expenses in your fourth year." More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "The people, the faculty, the curriculum, the PBL mock-session" | Report Response, "Looked over the interview feedback" More from this Member OOS, but ties to the state. Why would you want to go to school in a small town?" We do not offer interviews with admissions staff, but wewelcome the chance to speak with you and your family informally or respond to your emails with information or answers to your questions. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "telling my 'riskiest' decision..why would I do that?" | Report Response More from this Member I still haven't received anything from here or the OR one. | Report Response, "Nothing!" More from this Member Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites. More from this Member The teaching style for the first two years revolves around problem based learning and laboratories. How do you handle stress? More from this Member You are using an out of date browser. Might be a little tight when the second class joins since its just one building..no changing rooms (everyone changes in the bathroom all at once)" | Report Response, "That I was going to be the first interview, for the first interview date, for the first class EVER!!!" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Describe one of your strengths The California Institute of the Arts ( CalArts) is a private art university in Santa Clarita, California. | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Learning experiencethey all have been!" More from this Member You'll have a bit of down time to just chat with fellow applicants." More from this Member | Report Response, "the closed file styledoesn't help me convey who I am in 30 min." | Report Response More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "School website, COMP mission statement, read my personal statement, slept, ate breakfast, didn't OD on Coffee :-)" More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "SDN Interview feedback, googled behavior based interview questions, talked to a vet belonging to Western's charter class, talked to a Western vet student, prepared/mocked interviewed with friends" | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a time where you interacted with someone who was angry at you. " | Report Response Forums CommunitiesPre-MedMedicalResidentAudiologyDentalOptometryPharmacyPhysical TherapyPodiatryPsychologyRehab SciVeterinary What's newTrendingNew postsLatest activity SupportAccount HelpConfidential Advising Vision, Values and Policies Resources More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Try to be better at communicating with the applicants, many applicants I talked to turned down Western because of the lack in communication." More from this Member Genuine reactions and responses are best." | I was asked this question too, "Tell us one thing about yourself" western university (pomona) interview questions ( for application cycle 13-14) Thread starter Tifanie; Start date Jan 13, 2014; This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. | Report Response, "Interviewers were nice; student volunteers were very informative." | Report Response, 1999-2023 Health Professional Student Association, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, A.T. More from this Member More from this Member Hoping this school isn't like WCUCOM and just ghosts if they don't wanna send u one. | I was asked this question too, "Describe a problem or challenge and how you worked through it." I really feel like graduates are practice ready." Facilities were smaller than 40k-plus campus I'm used to, but may not be negative thing." | I was asked this question too, "Can't say" More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "The awesome technology available for students to use and the research using this technology." More from this Member The continental breakfast is toast and instant oatmeal. | Report Response, "Everyone is really enthusiastic about PBL." More from this Member | Report Response, "I was interviewed by two DO's and one person from the community who sat on the Chamber of Commerce" More from this Member | Report Response It was strange! I don't know how I would feel about online learning." 8:45-4. The interview day was slightly intimidating because the overall feel of the day was very business like, but that showed me the rigor and prestige of the academics at this school and gave me the confidence to know if I decide to go the DO route I will be at a school that will ensure my success." More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a time you worked with a strong-willed person." More from this Member | Report Response, "googled sample behavioral based interview questions" | Report Response, "I had two sessions with a professional interview coach. More from this Member You are an immigrant, and you wrote that u'd like to work with underserved populations.. do you feel like you can identify better with this population?" | Report Response, "Read PS and Resume." those of you who have interviews next week should really try not to be too nervous, because everyone was really really really nice. Wondering if it would be worth attending the Western interview and taking a Western acceptance over DMU. | Report Response | Report Response, "Very friendly interview process. More from this Member I of course made myself quite familiar with this forum and the interview questions posted on here" More from this Member Step by Step Guide For 100 Actions To Take When Starting Your Business happening at Pomona, United States on Fri Jan 27 2023 at 04:00 pm to 04:30 pm . The process took 1+ week. | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a time when you had to work with unfamiliar people" | Report Response, "The fact that 2/3 of classes are live streamed from the Pomona campus. | Report Response Was this review helpful? | Report Response, "The interview day was a little disorganized." Read SDN and made a mental list of different stories from my experience that could relate to behavioral questions." | I was asked this question too, "Nothing really surprised me, so they weren't really difficult by any means." More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "When did you advocate for someone? Listed on 2023-01-06. More from this Member It was very much like a conversation than an interview." www.studentdoctor.net | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "N/a" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Read SDN, my pre-personal statement freewrite, read a bit about behavioral interviews, brainstormed some anecdotes that might be useful. California State Polytechnic University Pomona; Course Public Speaking (COM 100 ) Academic year 2021/2022; Helpful? Main academic building. Are you vaccinated? More from this Member | Report Response, "Looked at student doctor . Main phone: (909) 623-6116. All questions were in the realm of expectations. Become a donor at the Gold or Lifetime level for access to the Becoming a Student Doctor course! | I was asked this question too, "Used SDN to help prepare, looked at the STAR process for interviewing, asked friends for help" | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "Nothing, I did a lot of research and knew what the school had to offer, anything new only strenghtened my interest for the school." | Report Response Also, the MMI's are not as scary as I thought they would be." I also interviewed at OHSU (the other OR school) and Western impressed me more." More from this Member The process took 2 weeks. | Report Response | Report Response Tell your email not to block @westernu emails!" | Report Response, "The bus tour was a little bit long" | Report Response, "Nothing. they try to make it a comfortable situation for all. It's a very laid back process." | I was asked this question too, "Name one time when you were unable to meet a deadline." | Report Response, "Everything I wrote in the impressed negatively section, and that they have no teaching hospital. I hear that their are cute areas nearby, though, and I believe it. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member Just some behavioural questions that took a total of approx twenty five min. | Report Response More from this Member You must log in or register to reply here. Nice lunch room, plenty of fridge space, pool table, foose ball table. | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a time you had to work with a strong willed individual. The 3 Month (100 Day) MCAT Study Schedule Guide: 2022 Edition. They take notes and remain pretty inexpressive. Enthusiastic students." More from this Member The counselor I talked to said he thinks since today's the first wave of secondary invites, the back end hasn't fully activated everything yet. Expect sometimes that you may be asked questions about presentation but overall, it was fairly easy. | Report Response More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Tell us about a mistake you have made" | Report Response, "For me, nothing negative to report.though if you do not like the idea of living in a small rural townthe location may be tough to swallow." More from this Member And Claremont was beautiful and full of places to shop, eat, drink very nice!" | I was asked this question too, "Can't remember but it was a behavioral question." | Report Response, "SDN" Western University Acceptance Rate and Admission Statistics For the 2018 school year, 2,415 applicants submitted their applications. (basic medical school interview question)" | Report Response Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Former Employee) - Pomona, CA - December 20, 2022 Indeed Featured review I enjoyed my job there.The students are highly inquisitive and willing to learn.The dean was very nice and inclusive.But some of the staff can be highly exclusive. | Report Response, "I really liked the school, great relationship with the community, very nice and positive faculty." More from this Member Admissions Office. | Report Response, "Read their website, SDN's interview feedback, common interview questions. | Report Response There is an interview and essay portion, as well as a tour of the school after the interview. | Report Response, "Looked over questions posted on this website and other questions posted on other websites dealing with veterinary interviews." | Report Response, "The interviewers (faculty, sponsors that provide places for rotations, alumni) were so friendly and didn't give off an elite attitude even though the school is a private school. | Report Response, "SDN" | Report Response I can really see myself living and studying here." | Report Response, "I looked here on SDN and I did a mock interview to address any nervous habits I had." | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Why Osteopathic Medicine?" | Report Response, "Distance from home" More from this Member Physician Kara Toles 07, interviews may be requested by completing an online form. | Report Response, "How nice everyone was and how they really wanted to impress us and teach us about their PBL style of learning." Many people (even in the vet field) haven't heard of it. " | Report Response | Report Response, "Research problem based interviews. " Western University of Health Sciences' Pomona Health Career Ladder (PHCL) is a pathway fostering the progress of students from the Pomona community in becoming skilled and compassionate health care practitioners in a variety of medical and health care professions. | Report Response, "Use e-mail to communicate acceptances. More from this Member There's very little research going on compared to other bigger university"

Underwood's Bbq Beef Steak Recipe, Hollow Cylinder Shape, Articles W