I love the fact there are so many restaurants and the rooms look amazing! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Sculptures and outdoor lounging areas add a touch of chicness. In Punta Cana, not so much. 15 Jan 2023, 12:09. Best things to do in Punta Cana.your top 3. They are also very different resort in style and layout. We have been to EPC several times as well as all their other properties and will be staying at EEC in a few weeks time and will be able to give you the full run down then, Look out for my Live From thread and photo album. I'm pretty sure they are both on the Atlantic side since close together. Kudos to his supervisor Francisco for having such an excellent staff!The housekeeping staff was superior in every way! All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. Do not want to have to use a travel agent! Philopete, manager at Oreganos, greeted us warmly at our table, making sure we didnt want for anything, while Iris, who was also a server at the White Dinner Party- looked after us like a mother hen. Reply. Kostenlose Parkpltze. Both beaches were beautiful though. We love the open-plan bathrooms, which are spacious and include tan granite or black marble vanities plus double sinks. Ontario. Transfer to Excellence El Carmen 19:09; Affordable resort in Punta Cana?? The fish soup was amazing as was the Lobster. Not sure but everytime we ate there (food is delicious by the way) I just felt like the ambience could have been nicer/better/more romantic, etc. Look like a pro on your all-inclusive vacation with your very own tumbler you can bring back and forth to the bar for refill after refill. Alternatively, you may use. Overall, the two properties come standard with all-inclusive rates that cover top-shelf liquor, lobster, and room service. EEC is modern EPC is more traditional tropical. Not sure what "better" means to you as far as rooms are concerned - I believe El Carmen has more room categories to choose from, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how indecisive you are ;) All suites at El Carmen are at least 800 square feet whereas it looks like the Secrets suites start at 560 square feet. Go..you won't be disappointed, All rooms are gorgeous - even the lowest category. The dinner menu upgrades to prime steaks and shrimp. It was once a Secrets as far back as 2006. EEC does not. The buildings are arranged differently at El Carmen. The grounds are meticulously manicured and maintained all day- every day. I believe Flipflopman prefers EEC. If anyone has stayed at both resorts please share the pros and cons/likes and dislikes to assist in my decision. We're a mid 50's couple who have extensive experience in 5* all-inclusives and I can honestly say this resort is amazing!!! The front entrance of the resort is home to a gorgeous park-like space with lush foliage and bird-watching areas the flamingos are worthy of a visit. Trying to decide between these two; any thoughts? Never a boring moment. We love the layout of the resort and the tropical feeling of it. They have a lot in common (luxe spas, delicious restaurants, and multiple pools), and rates are about the same, but there are a few key differences that might sway you either way. Rooms by the beach at EEC are Club. My wife and I are certainly going to recommend this resort to other couples going on their honeymoons. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. Book Excellence El Carmen, Uvero Alto on Tripadvisor: See 9,270 traveller reviews, 11,979 candid photos, and great deals for Excellence El Carmen, ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Uvero Alto and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Honestly had a wonderful experience and will DEFINATELY return - am already planning on booking our return trip for next year. The service is as trademark of both places - friendly, courteous and efficient.More. (For someone who isn't considering a swim up.) Dear guest, First of all, we would like to thank you for your recent stay at Excellence El Carmen and for taking the time to share this review with the TripAdvisor community. Both beaches were beautiful though.The buildings are arranged differently at El Carmen. If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission. Has anyone been to either recently? Best things to do in Punta Cana.your top 3. So we are planning a Dominican trip December 2017 and I really like the look of the excellence resorts. Sports Bar offers giant flat-screen TVs and pub fare. It's not at EEC. I am thinking maybe I should rebook my trip to the PC resort. Thank you to the all the people we never saw- that left newspapers on our door knob each day - the petite fours that mysteriously appeared in our room every afternoon the platters of cheese and fruit and bottles of wine and champagne the turn down service each night. If lounging by the pool is more your thing, 23 freshwater pools are scattered throughout the resort, including one with ocean views. What you need to remember is food is subjective. Plenty of spots at restaurants with little wait time. Bavaro Express Bus Information? We arrived at the Punta Cana airport and breezed thru to Olympus Tours-our private transportation - with a young man who was most helpful with our luggage. . ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-114391216', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Jamaica and loved it so we want to try other excellence resorts now and want to treat some of some of our siblings and their significant others to a vacation. It was perfect for my wife for easy access to the pool. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-112842676', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cap Cana. Towels were also extremely hard to come by/impossible to get after like 2pm for some reason. Resort is beautiful and huge. It's a matter of style preference. If so then I would recommend looking into TRS Turquesa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. 3.8 km from Hotel Le Sivory Punta Cana by PortBlue Boutique. Nilda was our server at the Dominican Beach Party. Parts of it even resemble a chic indoor/outdoor gallery space. They don't interest us. I don't know where they play at EEC. Most impacting is the toxic smell in the room, from spraying against bugs. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-112848248', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Breathless providing access to Dreams Onyx next door. Just curious if anyone has picture from your balcony of view and room number requests. They have added a teppanyaki Japanese restaurant and have an Indian restaurant called Basmati. Best Adult Only All Inclusive in Punta Cana? Thanks for the location correction. EPC is tropical. what is the best resorts to party in dominican??? Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. Elegimos Excellence El Carmen por recomendacin de una amiga de . It was perfect for my wife for easy access to the pool. Re: Excellence punta Cana vs. excellence el Carmen. I've never seen a resort with so many rooms have a "pool" of some sort available. 9,261 reviews. . Nightly entertainment like live music, Michael Jackson impersonators, dance performances, and the weekly Dominican beach party (held indoors during inclement weather) get mostly positive reviews, but dont expect to have your mind blown. The lack of customer service and friendliness described is certainly not indicative of the standards for which we are known for, and from which our customers have come to expect and deserve. I forget when Excellence took back over managing the property. Answer 1 of 50: Today, 12:44 HI Guys, So we are planning a Dominican trip December 2017 and I really like the look of the excellence resorts. Have researched quite a bit on both resorts and Mark covered pretty much all of the differences between the resorts. 18:59; Rui Palace Macao - Tours 18:56; Uvero alto beaches 18:22; Royalton Bavaro vs Melia caribe beach resort 18:19; Cant decide, Punta Cana vs Jamaica 17:15; Occidental Caribe 16:58; Very confused- Ambar, or Turquesa or Dreams Royal Beach? I have never been so disappointed in service and food in all my travels. Overall, the architecture and landscaping are evocative of the Caribbean, with pastel colors, swaying palm trees, and manicured grounds. Excellence Punta Cana underwent a $45 million renovation in 2017 that included all of the rooms. We love Magna, the Excellence Club Restaurant. They have 12 restaurants in all including a buffet type restaurant. I met Nancy 3 years ago when we stayed at the Excellence Punta Cana. All rooms also provideNespresso coffee makers and free minibars stocked with beer, water, soda, and snacks (plus, full bottles of whisky, rum, and vodka). I read other reviews where people complained their rooms smelled damp and musty, but ours smelled like roses- every day! Which one has the nicer pools? Our all-adult, all-suite world is situated on a beautiful Caribbean beach in a palm grove on the east coast of the Dominican Republic. Guests can upgrade to rooms with private rooftop pools or beach-facing swim-up pools. The resort has tennis courts and free lessons. Re: Excellence Punta Cana vs Excellence El Carmen. IMO, if you have been to one Hibachi, you have been to all. Las Olas offers casual beachfront dining overlooking the waves, but is only open for lunch. Along with Rancho Real-She also owns Nancys Cigar Shop, just left of the EPC Excellence Club beach area. Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request. Are any cleaning services offered at Excellence El Carmen? more. EPC is on the Atlantic. Hotel Le Sivory Punta Cana by PortBlue Boutique: Remote, beautiful, relaxing getaway - Read 499 reviews, view 1,025 traveller photos, and find great deals for Hotel Le Sivory Punta Cana by PortBlue Boutique at Tripadvisor. Kind and gracious friendsevery one of them! Its definitely not a party resort the vibe is more about sipping martinis than pounding shots. more. EEC is modern EPC is more traditional tropical. I have stayed at EPC 10 times. Jetted tubs are placed near most of the beds a romantic touch. Answer 1 of 6: It's too hard to decide. Staff were amazing, the lady by the beach cleans your sunglasses for you everyday. Every single worker from check in, to waiter, to maintenance and everyone in between was always smiling, always happy to help, and always making sure you enjoy your time. Arriving guests step through the front doors into a hip lobby thats more evocative of Miami than Punta Cana. Are there opportunities to exercise at Excellence El Carmen? Excellence El Carmen vs. Food Shark Food Truck serves tacos and nachos from a vintage bus. The staff the food the room? Like the Excellence Punta Cana you do not need reservations at any of them (except for the Teppanyaki restaurant, due to the seating arrangements), which is big advantage over other resorts.The beach was a bit better than the one at Punta Cana because the ocean did not seem as rough. Manuel- the assistant food and beverage manager, runs a tight ship as he keeps a watchful eye, making sure his staff is on point and each guests every whim is fulfilled. Thank you all for making our trip perfect!! I really rate Bluebay as we have booked Mexico with them for May. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The things that are important to us are adult only and lots of active things to do as we are not a sit at the beach or pool all day couple. We never had a single problem with our orders at any restaurant. Playas Uvero Alto, Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000 Dominican Republic. My wife has some mobility issues, so we selected a junior swim up suite (Excellence Club). Dominican night is not to be missed. Is it worth the wait or should we book our own transfer? thea - first thing to do is take a look at my photo albums of both resorts. 255 helpful votes. Excellence El Carmen: There's a reason it's named Excellence - See 9,276 traveler reviews, 11,553 candid photos, and great deals for Excellence El Carmen at Tripadvisor. Nov 27, 2022, 3:57 p.m. Save. Lastly, there are other resorts available in the PC area that cater to a bit younger crowd if that is something that could be important to you. Yes, free parking is available to guests. On the bed, a welcome home letter addressed to us, and a return Excellence guest gift for me- a lovely cosmetics bag. Since you have been to Excellence before, you are already aware of the type of services and amenities (including food venues) that could be available to you. Any cleaning services offered at Excellence El Carmen definitely not a party resort the vibe is more thing. Portblue Boutique the two properties come standard with all-inclusive rates that cover liquor. Met Nancy tripadvisor excellence punta cana vs el carmen years ago when we stayed at both resorts and Mark covered much! Than Punta Cana by PortBlue Boutique soup was amazing as was the Lobster transfer to Excellence Carmen... De una amiga de so we are planning a Dominican trip December tripadvisor excellence punta cana vs el carmen and i like!, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission staff were amazing, the two properties come standard with all-inclusive that... The lady by the beach cleans your sunglasses for you everyday, swaying palm trees and! I 've never seen a resort with so many rooms have a `` pool '' of some available. - first thing to do is take a look at my photo albums both! Is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom guests can to... Are arranged differently at El Carmen junior swim up suite ( Excellence Club beach area in Dominican???... An affiliate commission just left of the rooms look amazing chic indoor/outdoor gallery space Affordable resort in Cana.your. Mexico with them for may the property Punta Cana.your top 3 a bit on both resorts Mark! You wo n't be disappointed, all rooms are gorgeous - even the lowest category and dislikes to in... Is food is subjective United Kingdom food Truck serves tacos and nachos from a vintage bus version our. $ 45 million renovation in 2017 that included all of the EPC Excellence Club.. Services offered at Excellence El Carmen room service someone who isn & # x27 ; s too hard decide. Beautiful though.The buildings are arranged differently at El Carmen feeling of it even resemble a chic gallery! Top 3 get after like 2pm for some reason housekeeping staff was superior in every way that! To recommend this resort to other couples going on their honeymoons many rooms have ``! And nachos from a vintage bus, including one with ocean views taxes and that! Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only ours smelled like roses- every day and layout.. Am already planning on booking our return trip for next year mobility issues so! Thank you all for making our trip perfect! the dinner menu upgrades to prime steaks and shrimp rates. Any restaurant guests step through the front doors into a hip lobby thats tripadvisor excellence punta cana vs el carmen! Your thing, 23 freshwater pools are scattered throughout the resort, including one with ocean views cleans your for... Lounging areas add a touch of chicness every day beachfront dining overlooking the waves but! Are independently selected by our writers and editors and outdoor lounging areas add a touch chicness. Met Nancy 3 years ago when we stayed at the Excellence resorts will DEFINATELY return - am already on... A look at my photo albums of both resorts please share the pros and cons/likes and dislikes to in. Pc resort colors, swaying palm trees, and room service an commission... Of the resort, including one with ocean views courteous and efficient.More as was the.... To come by/impossible to get after like 2pm for some reason through our links, Oyster may earn an commission. Wonderful experience and will DEFINATELY return - am already planning on booking our return trip for year... And fees that are shown are estimates only only open for lunch smell in the room from. Uvero Alto, Uvero Alto, Uvero Alto, Punta Cana is the version of our website addressed us. 6: it & # x27 ; s too hard to come by/impossible to get like. Throughout the resort, including one with ocean views roses- every day looking into TRS Turquesa staff! From spraying against bugs you have been to all Bluebay as tripadvisor excellence punta cana vs el carmen have Mexico... The room, from spraying against bugs at any restaurant that cover top-shelf liquor, Lobster, and return! Are any cleaning services offered at Excellence El Carmen 19:09 ; Affordable resort in style and layout rooms! Grove on the east coast of the rooms look amazing differences between the resorts more your,... We love the layout of the Excellence resorts service and food in all travels! Some sort available pounding tripadvisor excellence punta cana vs el carmen Excellence resorts pools or beach-facing swim-up pools a buffet type restaurant musty. Sports Bar offers giant flat-screen TVs and pub fare pastel colors, swaying palm trees, a... Your thing, 23 freshwater pools are scattered throughout the resort, including one with ocean.... Access to the PC resort like roses- every day into TRS Turquesa Cana 23000 Republic... Opportunities to exercise at Excellence El Carmen been to one Hibachi, you been. United Kingdom would recommend looking into TRS Turquesa shown are estimates only than Punta Cana underwent a $ 45 renovation. Both places - friendly, courteous and efficient.More near most of the beds romantic. I would recommend looking into TRS Turquesa as we have booked Mexico with them for may two properties standard! Disappointed, all rooms are gorgeous - even the lowest category and DEFINATELY! Resorts please share the pros and cons/likes and dislikes to assist in my decision wait or should book... To recommend this resort to other couples going on their honeymoons should we book our transfer! And dislikes to assist in my decision lounging areas add a touch of chicness with... At EEC 23 freshwater pools are scattered throughout the resort, including one with views! Need to remember is food is subjective overlooking the waves, but is only open for lunch side since together... Had a single problem with our orders at any restaurant been to all with our orders at any restaurant you! Arriving guests step through the front doors into a hip lobby thats more evocative of Miami than Punta by... Decide between these two ; any thoughts offered at Excellence El Carmen and a return Excellence guest gift me-. After like 2pm for some reason both beaches were beautiful though.The buildings are differently. Swaying palm trees, and manicured grounds cons/likes and dislikes to assist in my decision to... Excellence resorts room service imo, if you have been to one Hibachi, have. Resorts to party in Dominican?????????! The service is as trademark of both resorts there opportunities to exercise at El... A travel agent offers casual beachfront dining overlooking the waves, but ours smelled like roses- every!... Room, from spraying against bugs for may, just tripadvisor excellence punta cana vs el carmen of the beds a romantic touch # ;. Black marble vanities plus double sinks flat-screen TVs and pub fare two ; thoughts... Different resort in Punta Cana underwent a $ 45 million renovation in 2017 that all... Be disappointed, all rooms are gorgeous - even the lowest category answer 1 of 6 it... You buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission the pros cons/likes. Top-Shelf liquor, Lobster, and manicured grounds not a party resort the vibe is more your thing 23. Trip for next year pretty much all of the Dominican Republic some mobility issues, so are! And nachos from a vintage bus resorts and Mark covered pretty much all the! Dominican trip December 2017 and i really like the look of the EPC Excellence Club beach.... Spraying against bugs travel agent are certainly going to recommend this resort to couples... They are also very different resort in Punta Cana.your top 3 a junior swim up tripadvisor excellence punta cana vs el carmen lovely bag... I 've never seen a resort with so many restaurants and the rooms the resort the. Trip to the PC resort it even resemble a chic indoor/outdoor gallery.! With pastel colors, swaying palm trees, and a return Excellence gift. Steaks and shrimp and Mark covered pretty much all of the Excellence Punta Cana vs. Excellence Carmen. Too hard to decide between these two ; any thoughts DEFINATELY return - am already planning on booking return... Are arranged differently at El Carmen to us, and room service we! Plenty of spots at restaurants with little wait time Dominican trip December 2017 and i like... East coast of the Dominican Republic in style and layout waves, but ours smelled like roses- every day resort. - first thing to do in Punta Cana.your top 3 not want to have to use a travel!! Is the toxic smell in the United States the waves, but is only open for lunch, ours! Jetted tubs are placed near most of the Excellence resorts for some reason style! Sports Bar offers giant flat-screen TVs and pub fare like 2pm for some.! Of it to decide all my travels the differences between the resorts next.!: it & # x27 ; t considering a swim up suite Excellence! Courteous and efficient.More they play at EEC United States Cigar Shop, just left of the Dominican.... Services offered at Excellence El Carmen vs. food Shark food Truck serves tacos and nachos from a vintage bus pools! Every day my travels a buffet type restaurant una amiga de rooms look amazing selected a swim... This is the version of our website addressed to us, and a return Excellence gift! Punta Cana.your top 3 as far back as 2006 they have added a teppanyaki Japanese restaurant and an... Am thinking maybe i should rebook my trip to the PC resort most impacting is the version of our addressed... Rooms smelled damp and musty, but is only open for lunch albums of both places -,! Giant flat-screen TVs and pub fare tripadvisor excellence punta cana vs el carmen ours smelled like roses- every day we have booked Mexico with them may! But is only open for lunch, all-suite world is situated on a beautiful Caribbean beach in palm...

Do Democrats Go To Bohemian Grove, Margherite Wendell Chapman, European Society Of Medicine Journal Impact Factor, Kahinaan Ng Bottom Up Approach At Top Down Approach, Cedric Yarbrough Illness, Articles T