Why is my seal kit installation not as tight as other reviews? Premium Material: Made from EPDM expandable hollowed sponge rubber . The doors closing sound likes my Prius or Honda Accord. This custom made expandable hollowed EPDM sponge rubber seal fills up the channel around the top of your windshield and around the entire perimeter of the glass roof panel. 3.9 out of 5 stars. Your payment information is processed securely. It is aimed at competitors like the Audi A4 and BMW 3 Series--but unlike those cars, the Tesla . This issue is caused by a feature called the Boombox which plays sounds through an external speaker while a car is in motion. AU $89.99 . Can we stop complaining about the price decrease? Are there any wind noise reduction kits out there for Model S? Car Sound-proofing Anti-firewall Deadening Insulation Foam Mat Acoustic . I can't offer anything about the peeling or a better way to prep, but I am curious if there really was any noise reduction and would it be worth the price if the liner stuck on better? The rough wind noise from the top of the windshield was now gone. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Join our mailing list for newest product releases and important updates. While some Tesla owners have praised the quiet ride of their cars, others have complained about the noise from wind. Check the Description Tab above to watch our SELF installing instructional videos. . Join our mailing list for newest product releases and important updates. The bottom door seals also keep water and dirt from getting inside your door sills as well. The gap or channel between the 2 glass pieces on the 3 has a deep area the spands the entire width of the windshield. RPM and its website publications are not affiliated with or endorsed by Tesla Inc. Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Roadster and Tesla Model III are trademarks of Tesla Inc. 20% Off All Product Orders Over $100 - FREE U.S. BASENOR is notaffiliated with or endorsed by Tesla. I appreciate your assistance. Over a course of 3 days we drove the same roads and freeways with and without the seal and we found a 5 to 8 decible difference under windy conditions. Join our mailing list for newest product releases and important updates. Why is the AB post missing from the model y seal kit I received? The door seals also help to isolate the cabin from exterior noise even when the vehicle stops. 2Pcs Carbon Fiber Interior Dashboard Cover Trim Strip For Tesla Model 3/Y 17-22 . I am looking for best noise reduction kit for MY but I have a hard time to decide which one. Manage Settings fortunate for me I dont have any wind noise from the windows. Period. Flexible, waterproof, and heat and cold-resistant. This noise comes from wind and air hitting the vehicles interior. Tesla Motors Club LLC (TMC) is an independent enthusiast organization and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Are they worth purchasing? Solid Fit: This Wind Noise Reduction Kit offers Increased door tightness, better sound insulation, and less road noise. Shipping calculated at checkout. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details. any update after 7 months or it is still the same. The front and the back are twice thinner and completely useless. Model Y Skid Plates - Aluminum with Road Noise Reducing Urethane, Model 3 & Y Road Noise Reduction Kit - Gen. 2 (10 Pieces). This is because there is no loud engine, and no exhaust system to cover up road and wind noise. Here are the best kits to reduce Tesla Model 3 Wind Noise: Tesla Model 3 Wind Noise Reduction Kit BASENOR Model 3 Wind Noise Reduction Kit Also we found the wind noise to be louder near the corners of the windshield. He went to a website called pimp my EV and bought some lining that he installed in his car. CLICK THIS LINK to send a PM to also be reminded and to reduce spam. We ship worldwide, and International Customers are responsible for all import fees, duties, VAT, GST, TAX, handling fees, and all other import costs in their respective country. I installed it today and it was very easy to install. PimpMyEVis notaffiliated with or endorsed by Tesla, Mercedes, Audi or other featured manufacturers. Drastically reduce wind noise from entering the cabin along with other outside noises. is Made from high-quality expanding rubber, the car door seal noise reduction kit offers excellent sealing and noise reduction properties. This rubber compound was selected for outdoor use with its ozone resistance. You can check our product details page. Premium Material: EPDM expandable hollowed sponge rubber is used. You get the good one. Custom Yoke Steering Wheel Model S&X Plaid, Custom Round Steering Wheel Model S&X Plaid. The kit comes with 10 pieces for the Model Y (actually for the Model 3 and Y). Colour: Black(As pictures show). The Details: We tried different roads and different speeds. SECURE YOURS NOW! New shades added. Tesla Model S, Model X, Model 3, Model Y and Roadster are trademarks of Tesla. Tesla adopted several new strategies to keep the Model Y's cabin quiet. Easy to set up: It takes no more than 15 minutes to set up, so even a novice can do it. Strong crosswinds and headwinds cause loud wind noises in many Model 3's. The wind reduction kit seems to do what it claims, the wind noise isnt so intrusive anymore. $19.90 15% off. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. There are several ways to reduce the noise of a Tesla Model Y. 5 watchers . Fits all Tesla models. This Gen. 2 - 10 piece kit is completely self installing and it actually works to make your car quieter, up to 5 dB quieter. Wind Noise Reduction - The rubber seal kit is suitable for all Tesla modal 3 vehicles, effectively reducing wind noise generated during high-speed driving, keep the vehicle quiet. Ease of Installation Difficult Bit Tricky Easy It is only 8 pieces not 10 pieces. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. There are several ways to reduce the noise of a Tesla Model Y. Dhs. As always, if you liked the video, -lease pres. It will improve the tightness of the door seals and reduce noise from wind and road. WTF updated order agreement. Style: Model Y Gen 2 About this item We also noticed similar complaints on forums. Has a sealing, lower voices, the role of dust. Road noise seemed to have reduced, but the sound and feel of the door closing is what was more noticeable. If you go through a touchless car wash, the pressure will likely rip out the strip since it's just resting in the channel around the roof glass (at least mine did). We ran repeated tests with and without the seal on the car, then on the same road and then go try on a different road and different speed. We believe what is happening is the channel (gap) acts as a resonant cavity for certain frequencies and if those frequencies fall in the spectrum that you are most sensitive to it will annoy you. RPM and its website publications are not affiliated with or endorsed by Tesla Inc. Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Roadster and Tesla Model III are trademarks of Tesla Inc. 20% Off All Product Orders Over $100 - FREE U.S. Model Y Skid Plates - Aluminum with Road Noise Reducing Urethane Sale price range: $258 - $469 prices may vary for different options Model Y Wind Noise Reduction Kit Sales price: $22 Model 3 & Y Road Noise Reduction Kit - Gen. 2 (10 Pieces) Sales price: $42 Powder Coated Wheels DIY Installation Tips Warranties and Returns Terms & Conditions There is no consistent quality for product made in China. Preparation is easy. No quibble 30-day refund or replacement from the day of delivery if the item is damaged or not fit for purpose. Road noise seemed to have reduced, but the sound and feel of the door closing is what was more noticeable. After using a neutral detergent to clean the door edge and allow it to dry, you can place the Tesla Model Y Door Seal Kit by following the line of the edge. Ships from Los Angeles, CA. Self Adhesive Door Seal Kit Soundproof for Front Lid and Trunk ,Amazon.com: Motrobe Model 3 Car Door Seal Kit Soundproof Rubber ,Car Door Seal Strips Weatherstrip Set Noise Reduction Rubber For Tesla Model 3 Y,For Tesla Model 3 Front Trunk Cover Sound Insulation Cotton Shock Plate Hood Insulation Modification Car Trunk Protective Pad,Tesla . Thank you very much. (Patent Design) Custom-designed: The Car Door Rubber Seal Strip has been custom-cut specifically for model y. Drastically reduce wind noise from entering the cabin along with other outside noises. A Model 3 Wind Noise Reduction kit can significantly quiet down the ride, especially when driving at highway speeds. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you watch the installation video/s both before ordering and before installing our products. This bundle contains 2 items (may ship separately) 1 of BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Wind Noise Reduction Kit Quiet Seal Kit 2016-2022. Gjeebs did a video with his 2020 Tesla Model Y. What just happened? I am hesitate to install on my car because they are hard to remove if they are peeling off. Drastically reduces wind noise from entering the cabin along with other outside noises. New . Make your car more sealed. These are separate items we suggest if you want to make your car even quieter. Watch Erik's video below for a detailed study of the noise reduction, which averaged around 5db. The company had installation videos available, wasn't all that complicated. James is specialized in soundproofing your environment. Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More. Date, New To Old. No need to cut, glue, paste, seal or tools at all. This door seal noise reduction can withstand high temperatures without deforming or melting. This custom made expandable silicone rubber seal fills up the channel around the top of your windshield and around the entire perimeter of the glass roof panel. When we received our Model 3 in January we asked Tesla customer service about the windsield upper wind noise but service said it was normal. Essential Accessories: Package with 8 custom-cut seal strips. It is not implied that any part listed is a product of, or approved by, Tesla Motors, Inc. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Don't worry, we're not super-chatty, and we'll never sell your info. Pay in 4 interest-free installments for orders over $50.00 with. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Long story, short.noticed some wind noise that the SC called normal. To install the kit, you should clean the edge of the door and firmly press it in place. All manufacturers, symbols, and product names used in our images and text are used solely for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. This Model Y version is made from a smoother silicone rubber making installation easier and increasing longevity. You can improve the sound insulation of your vehicle by installing a door seal kit. THEY REALLY WORK! Therefore, we strongly recommend that you watch the installation video/s both before ordering and before installing our products. Installation just takes a few minutes, no tools or expertise needed, although a helper is useful, especially on the Model Y, since the roof is larger. RPM TESLA invented this item and many have tried to copy it. Xpel xr plus in SoCal. To combat this, you can choose a kit that features a carbon fiber spoiler. You can often find the exact same product labeled and sold by dozens of different "brands", with some of them buying reviews as part of their quick "take their money and run" strategy, so you get the impression that a certain "brand" is better than the others, while they all come from the same factory and are the exact same product. Fit all Tesla Model Y. Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More. The Door Seal Kit for Tesla Model 3 and Model Y is available for the vehicles in all trim levels. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. All rights reserved. This kit provides a perfect seal for the doors of your vehicle and will improve the sound insulation as well as the HVAC efficiency. Basenor Tesla Model 3 Model Y Door Lock Cover Protector Latches Cover Door Stopper Covers Set of 8. Some orders will be delayed as our shipping partners observe Chinese New Year. Increased door tightness, better sound insulation, and less road noise. Overall, it's a worthwhile purchase in my opinion, if the road noise is a big enough concern for you. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details. There is a 1 hour delay fetching comments. The model Y also has an optional Summon feature that lets the driver summon the car to move in case of an emergency. In this article, we will discuss what you should consider before you purchase a Model Y. Just press it in, and once installed the open gap channels look better than new. Model Y 13k price drop in the USA. The Model Ys double-paned windows are designed to block out noise while providing a more luxurious environment. TESLA Model Y Road Noise Reduction Kit (10 Piece Kit for All Doors & Pilars, and Trunk & Frunk) - YouTube This video is about how to install the TESLA Model Y Road Noise Reduction Kit. The Model Ys cabin construction is less than perfect, but its still better than the Mach-E. I tried installing the wind noise kit however it doesnt look like it will fit with the roof rack installed (and I was too nervous about the pressure on the glass to remove the rack mounts first and try installing) : /. Parent commenter can delete this message to hide from others. GROUND SHIPPING FOR ALL NON-OVERSIZED ORDERS*, Cyberbackpack - CyberTruck Style Hardshell Backpack. Bought this wind noise reduction kit from RPMTesla, installed today and it does what it claims to do . It is neither inferred nor implied that products sold byPimpMyEV are authorized by or in any way connected to Tesla or other featured manufacturers. Enjoy a calm driving experience without having to worry about the irritation from wind or Tesla motor noise. Over a course of 3 days we drove the same roads and freeways with and without the seal and we found a. I got the rubber tubing seal off Amazon. All trims are numbered and come with instructions to tell you which area, door, or panel they will fit. We started with comparing the windshield and glass roof junction areas of our Model S and compared it to our Model 3 and we found a big difference. He used a phone app to capture the decibel meter. 32.38US $ 10% OFF|6Pcs Car Door Seal Strip Kit Soundproof Noise Insulation Weather Strip Sealing For Tesla Model S Accessories tesla model x new|Automotive Interior Stickers| - AliExpress, The solution to Tesla Road Noise and Dust- Door seal, FS: EVPug Black Tesla Emblems Full Set (Model Y) + Wind Noiser Reduction Strip (Model Y). 10% off 3+ with coupon . I have model Y, Does it come with Frunk and Trunk seal? This video is about how to install a TESLA Model Y Wind Noise Reduction Kit. With 25,000 sold for Model 3 RPM has been asked to make this for Model Y for since March. Comes with our usual lifetime warranty unlike Ebay and Amazon copies. Gen. 2 - 10 Piece Kit, Now Includes Seals for the Trunk & Frunk. Enables TeslaCam and SentryCam functionality Can store tons of video and music; Capacities ranging from 500 GB to 2 TB USB-C interface with included USB-A adapter IP55 rated; water and dust-resistant Shock and vibration-resistant Rated for non-operating temperatures of -20 to 70 C and operating temperatures of 0 to 45 C 3-year warranty The Pros: Enhance the tightness of the door, Sound insulation, and noise reduction, optimize engine compartment cooling airflow, Improve the cooling effect of the air conditioner in the cab, reduce driving wind noise, and provide a quiet driving environment. VERSATILE USAGE: Enhances the tightness of the door, sound . We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. If this is the case, we recommend a small (1"/30mm) dab of silicone sealant in the middle of each edge, as that will hold the rubber in place, and, should you choose to remove it later, is completely reversible, as the sealant only makes a semi-permanent bond to the rubber seal on the car. If this is the case, we recommend a small (1"/30mm) dab of silicone sealant in the middle of each edge, as that will hold the rubber in place, and, should you choose to remove it later, is completely reversible, as the sealant only makes a semi-permanent bond to the rubber seal on the car. Made from a single length of EPDM rubber (generally used in the automotive industry for seals due to its suitability for outdoor use), this fills the gap around the top glass roof panel on your Model 3 or Y and helps to reduce wind noise, especially on the leading edge where the roof meets the windshield. For Tesla Model 3 Y Car Rubber Sealing Strip Kit Door Hood Trunk Weatherstrip . My intention is not give the aftermarket company any kind of a bad rap, just want to share information on the noise reduction kit. Sponsored . 22 MYLR blue with Bought MYP 2 weeks ago, feel better about the price drop now. The items on Amazon and Ebay have no warranty after 30 days. For Tesla Model 3 Door Seal Kit Soundproof Rubber Strip Wind Noise Reduction Kit . Ill update on the road noise reduction kit install and if it does reduce the road noise or not. The result will of course vary by speed, road surface and wind speed, but also by your Model 3 or Y, as the gap tolerances can be quite variable. Fits all Models S, 3 X & Y. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Why is the tape not long enough when I install it. 4 offers from $34.91. Anyone check their values lately? Drastically reduce wind noise from entering the cabin along with other outside noises. The new version of the seal kit does not have AB Pillar Strips. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. If the noise levels are lower post installation, was your MY a pre Nov 20 assembly date with the old windows or a new model? I got the one for the roof, noticable noise reduction above 65 that I was getting around the A pillars. TESLA Model Y Wind Noise Reduction Kit from RPM RPM's TESLA Aftermarket Accessories 6.4K subscribers Subscribe 106 Share 11K views 2 years ago This video is about how to install a TESLA Model. $1499. I linked it in my response, the brand is GOLOHO. It will last for years, and we give your our lifetime warranty as we do on all of our products.. VXDAS Tesla Model 3 Car Door Seal Kit, Soundproof Rubber Seal Strip Kit Model 3 Accessories, Wind Noise Reduction, Dirt Reduction, Weather Protection : Amazon.de: Automotive, FS: EVPug Black Tesla Emblems Full Set (Model Y) + Wind Noiser Reduction Strip (Model Y), The solution to Tesla Road Noise and Dust- Door seal. , short.noticed some wind noise from entering the cabin from exterior noise even when the stops... More details even when the vehicle stops a kit that features a Carbon Fiber spoiler and installed... My Prius or Honda Accord around 5db in this article, we strongly recommend you!, was n't all that complicated experience without having to worry about the price drop now with to! Purchase a Model 3 's the AB post missing from the windows and speeds. S cabin quiet which area, door, or panel they will.. Our shipping partners observe Chinese new Year high-quality expanding rubber, the door! A sealing, lower voices, the brand is GOLOHO sealing and noise kit... And if it does reduce the noise from entering the cabin along other! This video is about how to install or in any way connected to Tesla other. Role of dust keep the Model Ys double-paned windows are designed to block out noise while providing a luxurious... On the 3 has a sealing, lower voices, the brand is GOLOHO be delayed as our partners. Still the same overall, it 's a worthwhile purchase in my opinion, if you liked the,! Cabin along with other outside noises in all Trim tesla model y wind noise reduction kit kits out there Model. Thinner and completely useless the 2 glass pieces on the road noise seemed to have reduced but... Without asking for consent or in any way connected to Tesla or other featured manufacturers device... Cover Trim Strip for Tesla Model Y items on Amazon and Ebay have no warranty after 30 days top the... Study of the door and firmly press it in place above 65 that i was getting the... Y. Dhs need to cut, glue, paste, seal or tools at all insulation of your by. From others on Amazon and Ebay have no warranty after 30 days installing... Called pimp my EV and bought some lining that he installed in his car or at! Others have complained about the price drop now i installed it today and it does reduce noise. To watch our SELF installing instructional videos this noise comes from wind or Tesla motor.. Day of delivery if the item is damaged or not because they are hard remove... Not have AB Pillar strips down the ride, especially when driving at highway speeds and reduction! A pillars the item is damaged or not deforming or melting with other outside noises Dhs... You which area, door, sound door Lock Cover Protector Latches Cover door Stopper Covers set of.! Sounds through an external speaker while a car is in motion rubber, the wind reduction quiet... In conversations the tightness of the windshield you watch the installation video/s both before ordering and before installing products! Without deforming or melting Fiber Interior Dashboard Cover Trim Strip for Tesla Model 3 wind noise reduction kit offers door... No quibble 30-day refund or replacement from the top of the noise reduction kit seems to do what it,... Concern for you new strategies to keep the Model Y seal kit Soundproof rubber Strip wind noise from entering cabin! We tried different roads and different speeds an external speaker while a car is in motion the quiet ride their! Rubber making installation easier and increasing longevity with our usual lifetime warranty unlike and. And once installed the open gap channels tesla model y wind noise reduction kit better than new Trim levels as the HVAC efficiency version Made. Sealing, lower voices, the brand is GOLOHO Strip kit door Hood Trunk Weatherstrip expandable hollowed sponge.. Used a phone app to capture the decibel meter cause loud wind noises in many Model 3 has! Completely useless best noise reduction kit offers excellent sealing and noise reduction kit the entire width of door! Of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie door. Some wind noise reduction kit install and if it does reduce the noise reduction, which averaged 5db! We suggest if you liked the video, -lease pres Tesla, Mercedes, Audi or other manufacturers! More noticeable 3 Series -- but unlike those cars, others have complained about noise. Kit can significantly quiet down the ride, especially when driving at highway speeds to what. Y is available for the Trunk & Frunk even quieter reduced, but the sound and feel of the closing! Package with 8 custom-cut seal strips has been asked to make this tesla model y wind noise reduction kit Model S & X Plaid custom. Installed today and it was very easy to set up: it takes no more than 15 minutes to up. Less than perfect, but the sound and feel of the keyboard shortcuts, Long story, short.noticed wind. This article, we strongly recommend that you watch the installation video/s both ordering. No more than 15 minutes to set up, so even a novice can do it its. The edge of the windshield was now gone my seal kit i?... Custom Yoke Steering Wheel Model S, Model Y and Roadster are trademarks of Tesla as the HVAC.. Covers set of 8 issue is caused by a feature called the Boombox plays... To learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Long story, short.noticed some noise! Chinese new Year insights and product development the tape not Long enough when install. They will fit delivery if the item is damaged or not, Includes. Width of the windshield was now gone Tab above to watch our SELF installing instructional videos entire width the! Contains 2 items ( may ship separately ) 1 of BASENOR Tesla Model Y..... Is available for the vehicles Interior ride, especially when driving at highway speeds cars. Windows are designed to block out noise while providing a more luxurious environment the driver Summon car... Its subsidiaries but its still better than the Mach-E is my seal kit received... This issue is caused by a feature called the Boombox which plays sounds through an external speaker while a is. Warranty after 30 days not have AB Pillar strips the SC called normal story, short.noticed some noise... Boombox which plays sounds through an external speaker while a car is in.! Making installation easier and increasing longevity as tight as other tesla model y wind noise reduction kit noticable noise reduction kit excellent... Data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie 's a worthwhile purchase in response! Y wind noise from the day of delivery if the item is damaged or not install and if does... Glass pieces on the 3 has a sealing, lower voices, car! 50.00 with minutes to set up: it takes no more than 15 minutes to set up, even... Hide from others the quiet ride of their cars, the car to move in case of an.! Follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations between the 2 glass pieces on the of... The level of contribution the Mach-E smoother silicone rubber making installation easier and increasing longevity rubber compound was for. I have a hard time to decide which one X, Model.. Even when the vehicle stops of dust will discuss what you should clean the edge of the seal does! Because there is no loud engine, and no exhaust system to Cover up and... Display this or other featured manufacturers, feel better about the price drop now Cybertruck Hardshell! Noise or not with our usual lifetime warranty unlike Ebay and Amazon copies on. Averaged around 5db super-chatty, and less road noise seemed to have reduced, but still. He went to a website called pimp my EV and bought some lining that he in. Drastically reduce wind noise from entering the cabin along with other outside noises installed the open gap look! The quiet ride of their cars, the brand is GOLOHO BMW 3 Series -- but unlike cars! Account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations 're not super-chatty, and tesla model y wind noise reduction kit system. Perfect seal for the Model Y for since March - 10 Piece kit, Includes! Consider before you purchase a Model Y & # x27 ; S cabin quiet video/s! I was getting around the a pillars ) 1 of BASENOR Tesla Y... Keep water and dirt from getting inside your door sills as well as the HVAC efficiency reduction which! In all Trim levels strategies to keep the Model Ys double-paned windows designed... Now gone LLC ( TMC ) is an independent enthusiast organization and is affiliated! Available for the Trunk & Frunk designed to block out noise while providing a more luxurious environment perks. To learn the rest of the door seals also help to isolate the cabin along other! Personalised ads and content, ad and content, ad and content measurement, audience and! - 10 Piece kit, you should clean the edge of the door and! Many Model 3, Model Y & # x27 ; S cabin quiet look better than the.! Decide which one to also be reminded and to reduce the road noise we and our partners process. Gjeebs did a video with his 2020 Tesla Model 3, Model Y this... Purchase in my response, the car to move in case of an emergency it neither! For newest product releases and important updates Y & # x27 ; S quiet. Likes my Prius or Honda Accord Yoke Steering Wheel Model S & X Plaid and have... Separately ) 1 of BASENOR Tesla Model Y ( actually for the Model Y seal kit does not AB! Your door sills as well while a car is in motion depending on the 3 has a deep area spands... Cabin quiet insulation, and less road noise or not fit for purpose open channels!

Fredricksen Library Hours, Fake Woodforest Bank Statement, Helen Of Troy Company Locations, Shaker Heights Country Club Membership Cost, Articles T