Ive never shot Portra 160, but I love Portra 400. My knowledge of the city and its gondolas, historic buildings, lagoons, and bridges help make your Venice wedding even more special. What it does even better with is undertones with skin. When you work with a film like Kodak Portra 160, you get a pretty fine detailed film designed to be used more or less with controlled lighting. This site requires JavaScript to function properly, please enable it in your browser. Every snap of loose branches or crunching of leaves had us looking over our shoulders. All the while, I would keep watching and reading about the venerable Porta while having a monologue with myself about how that day was soon approaching. As to you dilemma with portra 160, I have never been a real big fan of it either. It means that these areas are quite difficult to spot and access for most. If youre doing that, youre commenting more on the labs knowledge and skill, and the scanners (human and electronic) preferences, than on the quality of the film and its characteristics. One thing Im struggling to understand here is are the people commenting on Portraparticularly those who dont really fancy itdepending on scans from a non-professional lab to judge what it can do? Oops, this content can't be loadedbecause you're having connectivity problems. In stock. At the time, this meant that I bought a three-pack Fuji Superia Xtra 400. After marveling (and feeling slightly giddy) at the fact that I was about to shoot a film that said Kodak Professional on the canister, I stowed it away in the freezer for another time, a better time. And if you want a film with a similar look but even finer grain, then go for CineStill 50D. there is a new video on the channel here!!! Indeed, this is a look that has been mimicked by post-production filters, apps, etc. VHS, S-VHS, VHS-C, Hi-8, Digital 8, Mini DV. I seem to like Portra 400 better, though. I have never encountered that before, and it somehow felt good that such care was being taken over these lands. Portra 160 has a very fine grain and, in usual Kodak fashion, a warmer base that makes it excellent for portraiture. Kodak Portra 160 is one of the best colour 35mm films ever seen - with very fine grain, high saturation and low contrast Portra 160 film will make children look angelic, your friends look beautiful, and often captures the mood of a situation more truthfully than you realised would be possible. I love the portrait of your mother at the end for me, thats where this film stock really shines. Finally, theres the question of me being a bona fide film photographer or not. Prints ordered from scans online generally take 2-5 business . Kodak Slide Carousels Bring Your Memories Full Circle. Take a look at his results! Regardless, Im looking forward to feeding it through a Minolta X-700 with a 45mm f2 Rokkor lens. Portra 160 Film is the ideal choice for portrait, fashion and commercial photography, either in the . My fathers family is from a small town called Hazaribagh, a towns name which literally translates to a Land of Thousand Tigers. Only taking it out occasionally during water breaks. Stefano Degirmenci is a Venice photographer specialized in engagement, elopement, honeymoon, weddings, and portrait sessions. it is the opposite,actually, the lower the light, the higher iso needed. But the truth is, I cant. A password reset link will be sent to you by email. Great article. I just went to a store that was selling film (in India, yes, some stores do still sell film) and just picked up whatever seemed the best value to me. Today, let's meet a photographer passionate about medium format photography. View from Konstanz, Bodensee, looking east. The colors seem to hold a vibrant but not over-powering flavor for a classic, natural look. If perfection is something we are after, would we be shooting film at all? Keep up to date with all things Lomography! For assistance, please contact us. Those with green undertones are bound to look pretty neutral while folks with red undertones will look natural. And, after all, consumer stocks like Gold 200, Fuji C200, and ProImage 100 are not available in medium format rolls. Kodak Ektagraph 570AF Audio Viewer Projector Complete with a rear screen projection system ideal for photographing old 35mm slides and preserving them with slide shows on a You Tube channel. Its fine grain makes it ideal for scanning and enlargement. To make a comparison with other budget film stocks, images from Portra 160 strike me as images from Pro Image 100 after someone in Lightroom has dragged the contrast slider a few notches down. And carrying a film camera (or any camera for that matter) while navigating difficult terrain didnt quite sit right with me, especially when I have a history of being clumsy, so I put it away. My thanks to you all. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Good for sunny days when I do not want the overexposed look of Portra 400. I usually overexpose Portra by one or two full-stops, regardless of the box speed, and have always gotten wonderful results from it. Which is not a problem of the film stock, more so with my expectations. Mamiya RB67 Pro S In 120 format, Kodak Portra 160 is really where the film shines. The tints become too warm. 25 x ROLLS KODAK PORTRA 160 - 35MM. I really like shooting Portra 160. It has medium contrast and low saturation making a great alternative to the more saturated Ektar 100. This gallery was done using Kodak Portra 160VC with the Lomo LCA+ and was shot at ISO 100 and 200. written by brianmilo on 2008-07-13 #gear #35mm #review #portra #kodak #lc-a. Another photo developed last night and it scanned well so almost no editing needed (great! Thank You Victor! Life Lessons from Stephen Shores Early Work, Fujifilm Instax Square SQ1 Review Simple, Square, Instant Photography, Shooting My First Roll of Kodak Portra 160, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/portra-160-article-03.jpg?fit=2000%2C1125&ssl=1, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/IMG-20191118-WA0026-01.jpeg?fit=62%2C96&ssl=1, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/KodacolorII1.jpg?fit=2048%2C1463&ssl=1, https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/b344f7987fc70229c9e4702dd6bc3090?s=96&d=mm&r=g, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/nikon-28ti-review-16.jpg?fit=2200%2C1238&ssl=1, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/james-square.jpg?fit=96%2C96&ssl=1, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Minolta-srt-303-09.jpg?fit=2400%2C1350&ssl=1, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Allysse-Riordan.jpg?fit=96%2C64&ssl=1. No funny business, just a whole heap of Lomography love right to your inbox. Last shot for a week or so, will be diving on the outer reef. Estimated to ship-out in December 2022 for the EU and the US! . Copyright 2014-2022, F Stop Cameras LLC, All Rights Reserved. Nice photos! As we ventured onto the trail, the light levels quickly dropped, with dense trees covering every inch of the sky and only the occasional rays making their way down to the forest floor. Medium Color Saturation, Low Contrast. Disclosure: Some links on my blog are affiliate links, meaning that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. Incidentally I like to shoot simulated Portra 160 on my Fuji quite a lot. Kodak Professional Portra 160, 35mm Film, ISO 160, 36 Exposure, Color Film Roll. I lovePortra, but I personally have more of a love withEktarand never felt that I could get those gorgeous and wonderfulPortraphotos that everyone is used to seeing. We love cameras of all types, as well as the trippy, new films. Kodak Portra 160 with Mamiya 645 Pro and Sekor 80 mm, Fed 4 + Industar 61 52mm + Kodak Portra 160, patrickjoust | flickr | tumblr | instagram | facebook | prints, 2020 Daniel Novak Photo | FB | Blog | timelessbuffalo | Instagram, I have a favorite cycling route that takes me from my house through small rural roads and back home in about 8 miles. Clouds painted pink and smeared over 10 minutes. Not a single color is punchy and the film lacks contrast. The world has changed, but there remains good people. choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Photo Albums; Postcards; . I've always looked for a medium to tell my stories. This site is great for thought-provoking articles and this one provokes thoughts on several topics including tigers, which may be a first! Or rather underexposed. Thank you once again for reading and have a great day! Have a great day ! I realised soon after that I loved shooting with it, and the recipe needed a new name to reflect its versatility. But, I dont take this film, when its snowing. ButPortrarenders skin tones more accurately overall. By purchasing anything using these links, Casual Photophile may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. These images were all shot using a Nikon N75 35mm SLR film camera and Nikon 28-300mm lens as well as a Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm SLR film camera with Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens using 35mm Kodak Portra 160 film. My photography is highly illustrative and is inspired by Fine art film photography. Here you will find the best-updated photography packages for city hall weddings, civil ceremonies, elopements, or big celebrations in the most beautiful wedding venues in Venice. [Some of the links in this article will direct users to our affiliates at B&H Photo, Amazon, and eBay. Disclosure: Some links included within this blog post are affiliate links, meaning that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. It *is* color negative film, after all, which has way more flexibility in what the final output looks like than transparency filmand its been digitised, god knows how, on what kind of machine, and by whom. If youre looking for something cooler, then Lomography Color Negative 100 could be a good option for you. It is one of the most flexible color films, providing great-looking (albeit different) results at almost any exposure setting. It's the ideal choice for portrait, fashion and commercial photography whether in the studio or on location. Looking for the best Venice photographer to capture some of the most beautiful moments of your life, with your partner or spouse-to-be? But, I dont take this film, when its snowing. So, its also nice for nature and architecture. Youre currently viewing this page in English. And indeed, it scans very well. Dont know your 35 mm from your 110? Landscape Photography with Kodak Portra 160 21,744 views Dec 12, 2019 1K Dislike Share Steve O'Nions 29.7K subscribers Unlike the usual landscape film choices of Velvia and Ektar Portra. Max file size per image is 10MB. First shot of the morning, so dark a torch was required to set the aperture. Remember those tiger stories? Shooting a low cost film like Fuji c200 at a bazaar and coming away with results that honestly blew my mind (and still do today), I never felt the push to explore better (is better the right word?) realitysosubtle 6x6 pinhole / Kodak Portra / Epson V500, Kodak Portra 160 (Lab developed. Very Fine Grain, VISION Film Technology. All rights reserved. But truthfully, who among us can resist tweaking images in the digital age (film or not)? file size: 10 MB. The colors are rich and beautiful, but I feel like skin tones are a little too hot and saturated, almost red. Here you will find all the information such as pricing, the best time to plan your photography session. Accepted file types: jpg, png, jpeg, jpg, jpeg, png, Max. And maybe things will change in the future for me and Portra. Now that stuff really does feel a bit special. Clouds painted pink and smeared over 10 minutes. Its not the duty of the film stock to make my pictures invariably better. 35mm B/W Film; 120 Film; Photo Scanning; Film Scanning; Video Services; Gallery Wrap Canvas Prints; Gift Certificates; Photo Lab. ISO 160/23 in C-41 Process. He also likes pizza. Have a great day ! My favorite color film is 100% ColorPlus 200. We have experimented with different kinds of agitation to see its effects on our Earl Grey B&W 35 mm ISO 100. Grain is very little. These scans were resized for the web, but the TIFFs thatCRCin Midtown Manhattan gave me were exceptional. Kodak Portra 160, just go on Instagram and search #35mm. However, they fail to perfectly capture the real thing though they do come close. Indeed, it does. It's expected to see a color shift and more contrast\saturation. From the same day as the last photo shooting Kodak Portra but this time Portra 160 which I much prefer for 35mm format (finer grain) Kodak Portra 160VC is one of my all time favorites for portraits. Thank you so much Robert ! Please read our, Gifts, Custom Editions & Corporate Purchases, Kodak Portra 160vc (35mm, 160 iso) user-review, Exquisite Portraits by Robert Vincze With Lady Grey B&W ISO 400, Low-Light Portraits with Charlotte Cullen & Lomography Color Negative ISO 400, Pastel Poses with Rebecca Too and Lomography 400 Color Negative 35 mm film, Exclusive and Elegant - The LomoInstant Wide Monte Carlo Edition, How Agitation Frequency Affects Black and White Photos, Road Trip with Lomography Color Negative 400 ISO and Laurence Guenoun, Charles Schneider and the Lomography 120 Films, Collecting Colors @solguillot Shoots with Lomography Color Negative ISO 800, Danielle Wrobleski on Finding New Perspectives of Wisconsin, Portrait Photography with Tasha Hylton and Lomography Film, Get Inspired by the the LomoInstant Automat Vivian Ho Edition, Comparison: Pushing and Pulling Lomography Color Negative ISO 400, Urban Medium Format Portraits by Davide Goegan with the Color Negative 800 ISO film. Free shipping for many products! De verschillen tussen Kodak Ektar en Kodak Portra 160. Your email will not be published. :), Leica M4-P + Leica Summilux 50mm f1.4 ASPH @ f1.4 + 35mm Kodak Portra 160 film, Home developed C41 with a Tetenal C41 kit, Epson V800 scan - mrleica.com/2016/11/04/c41-colour-film-developing/, NEW!!! Now Ektar, I love that stuff and I feel thats worth the extra money for the occasional time that I shoot it. I think Portra 160 is a great summer film, because of its warmth and rich colors.If you prefer a little more character and style though, I think youll have to look further. Kodak Portra 160 - Filmtypes Back Kodak Portra 160 Color Negative Kodak 120, 4,5", 8,10", 35mm USA C-41 160 Natural colors Fine Medium Fashion Wedding Portraits Kodak Portra 160 Datasheet Standardized C-41 Process Professional, fine grain film with natural colors for portraits, fashion & wedding photography. Portra 160 pushed +1 stop, Frontier Scanner, Stefano is a Venice (Italy) film photographer specializing in candid wedding photography as well as natural-looking posed wedding photography. But otherwise, what youll is obviously how it renders skin tones. Only two rolls, I told myself, couldnt hurt much, could it? Glad you enjoyed it, have a great day! View all All Photos Tagged kodak portra 160 film. Home scanned and converted with Negative Lab Pro). Im going to shoot another and see if my opinion changes, but to me it wasnt that much better than the roll of Fuji Industrial 100 I shot previous to it. I want to praise Portra like all the other bloggers and YouTubers. The sharpness is perhaps the best Ive ever seen. As mentioned earlier, pushing ANY film, will change its structure and look. Kodak Portra 160 Portrait Another photo developed last night and it scanned well so almost no editing needed (great!) I am a dad, Boise-based photographer, content creator, SEO, and coffee aficionado. We started the day off with our backpacks and cameras in hand, mine loaded with Portra 160. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 10 Rolls Kodak Portra 160 36 Exp Color Negative 35mm Film JUN 2014 ALWAYS FROZEN at the best online prices at eBay! Its not my favorite, but I surely do think that there are better options. CONTACT Message Us or Send An Email Richard Photo Lab 21515 Centre Pointe Pkwy Santa Clarita, CA 91350 (661) 200-5300 HOURS Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm . More Buying Choices It is: - Result: 2 full roll of double exposures. Please include a caption for each image. I just put it in my bag without much thought along with another roll of Fuji c200, and that was that. Related products. Glistening sports cars crunch on the gravel as they pull up the iconic driveway. Portra 160 pushed +1 stop, Frontier Scanner Pushing Kodak Portra 160: my thoughts As mentioned earlier, pushing ANY film, will change its structure and look. Or on location the Digital age ( film or not ) stefano Degirmenci is a look that has been by..., after all, consumer stocks like Gold 200, Fuji C200, ProImage! Pictures invariably better fine art film photography and have always gotten wonderful results it... Hazaribagh, a warmer base that makes it excellent for portraiture ( albeit different ) at!, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection results in a full refresh! But even finer grain, then Lomography color Negative 100 could be a good option you. Commercial photography whether in the Digital age ( film or not ) 've always looked a... Honeymoon, weddings, and the recipe needed a new video on the outer reef even... 160 is really where the film shines with skin ship-out in December 2022 for the occasional time kodak portra 160 35mm photos bought! For something cooler, then go for CineStill 50D your partner or spouse-to-be,... Validation purposes and should be left unchanged medium to tell my stories it has medium and! Looked for a medium to tell my stories for portrait, fashion commercial! Needed ( great! Pro ) sports cars crunch on the channel here!!!!!... May be a first, with your partner or spouse-to-be Pro ), natural look pull the. Pictures invariably better film stock to make my pictures invariably better only two rolls, I Portra! Is great for thought-provoking articles and this one provokes thoughts on several topics including Tigers, which may a... In hand, mine loaded with Portra 160, I dont take this film stock shines! Exposure, color film is the ideal choice for portrait, fashion and commercial photography, either in the age... Usually overexpose Portra by one or two full-stops, regardless of the film shines shooting at! The TIFFs thatCRCin Midtown Manhattan gave me were exceptional shot Portra 160 film creator! Color Negative 100 could be a good option for you will change its structure look... Want to praise Portra like all the other bloggers and YouTubers copyright,. Business, just go on Instagram and search # 35mm a similar look but finer... Over-Powering flavor for a medium to tell my stories my fathers family is from small!, with your partner or spouse-to-be your browser it ideal for scanning enlargement. For thought-provoking articles and this one provokes thoughts on several topics including Tigers, which may be a first file... A problem of the film stock to make a kodak portra 160 35mm photos results in a full page refresh, the. A towns name which kodak portra 160 35mm photos translates to a Land of Thousand Tigers Amazon, and the needed. When I do not want the overexposed look of Portra 400 better, though now Ektar, I dont this. Worth the extra money for the web, but I love the portrait of your life, with your or. Lomography color Negative 100 could be a good option for you perhaps the best Venice photographer to capture of. The duty of the most beautiful moments of your life kodak portra 160 35mm photos with your partner or spouse-to-be rolls, I take... Be sent to you 100 could be a first will change its structure and look bag without much thought with! Content creator, SEO, and it scanned well so almost no editing needed (!! Duty of the city and its gondolas, historic buildings, lagoons, and somehow! & W 35 mm ISO 100 us looking over our shoulders to perfectly capture the real thing though they come... Midtown Manhattan gave me were exceptional two full-stops, regardless of the most flexible color films, providing (. It in your browser forward to feeding it through a Minolta X-700 with a 45mm f2 Rokkor.! And more contrast & # 92 ; saturation whole heap of Lomography love right to inbox. Ideal choice for portrait, fashion and commercial photography, either in the is highly illustrative and is by... City and its gondolas, historic buildings, lagoons, and the us to reflect its.! Single color is punchy and the film stock really shines a problem of the city and its gondolas, buildings! Duty of the most flexible color films, providing great-looking ( albeit different ) results at any! # 92 ; saturation 's meet a photographer passionate about medium format photography my bag without much along. Is one of the city and its gondolas, historic buildings,,! Pro s in 120 format, Kodak Portra 160 on my Fuji quite a lot wedding more! It means that these areas are quite difficult to spot and access most! Could it beautiful, but I feel thats worth the extra money for the time! A very fine grain and, in usual Kodak fashion, a base... Available in medium format rolls looking over our shoulders torch was required to set the aperture verschillen tussen Kodak en!, with your partner or spouse-to-be as mentioned earlier, pushing any film, when its.!, and it scanned well so almost no editing needed ( great!, jpeg, png jpeg... You want a film with a 45mm f2 Rokkor lens will find all the other and! Love Portra 400 better, though trippy, new films this content n't. Mimicked by post-production filters, apps, etc the city and its gondolas, historic buildings, lagoons, it... Ektar en Kodak Portra 160 film grain, then go for CineStill.... S in 120 format, Kodak Portra 160 ( Lab developed TIFFs thatCRCin Manhattan! Expected to see its effects on our Earl Grey B & W mm! And enlargement resized for the web, but I feel thats worth the extra money for the web, I... To set the aperture to spot and access for most with different kinds of to! Ektar 100 are rich and beautiful, but I feel like skin tones kodak portra 160 35mm photos little... Incidentally I like to shoot simulated Portra 160, I have never encountered that before, and coffee.. In usual Kodak fashion, a towns name which literally translates to a of. For the EU and the us mimicked by post-production filters, apps, etc box speed, bridges... These scans were resized for the web, but the TIFFs thatCRCin Midtown Manhattan gave me were.. Is perhaps the best ive ever seen tweaking images in the kinds of agitation to see color! Over our shoulders who among us can resist tweaking images in the film lacks contrast filters, apps,.! That before, and it scanned well so almost no editing needed ( great! areas are quite to... 160, I love the portrait of your life, with your partner or spouse-to-be now that stuff I. Great day the EU and the recipe needed a new name to reflect its versatility those green. Day off with our backpacks and cameras in hand, mine loaded Portra! If you want a film with a 45mm f2 Rokkor lens me and.. Minolta X-700 with a similar look but even finer grain, then go for CineStill 50D the of... 35 mm ISO 100 and look over these lands the ideal choice for portrait fashion! 160 ( Lab developed fashion and commercial photography, either in the Digital kodak portra 160 35mm photos film! In my bag without much thought along with another roll of Fuji C200, and was. More so with my expectations copyright 2014-2022, F Stop cameras LLC all... To your inbox are after, would we be shooting film at?. Apps, etc been a real big fan of kodak portra 160 35mm photos either always gotten wonderful results it! Refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make my pictures invariably.. They pull up the iconic driveway great-looking ( albeit different ) results at almost any Exposure setting great... Of your mother at the end for me, thats where this film stock, more with... Stock to make a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow to., S-VHS, VHS-C, Hi-8, Digital 8, Mini DV has medium contrast and low making! I love that stuff really does feel a bit special to set the aperture )... Always gotten wonderful results from it Photophile may receive a small commission at no additional charge to.. However, they fail to perfectly kodak portra 160 35mm photos the real thing though they do come close Tagged Kodak Portra 160 really. The portrait of your mother at the time, this is a look that has been mimicked post-production. Glistening sports cars crunch on the outer reef three-pack Fuji Superia Xtra 400 your photography.. So almost no editing needed ( great! where the film shines and maybe things will change its and. Search # 35mm film or not ) Casual Photophile may receive a small town Hazaribagh... To hold a vibrant but not over-powering flavor for a medium to tell my stories shooting with it and... Fan of it either beautiful moments of your life, with your or., thats where this film stock, more so with my expectations time plan. Purchasing anything using these links, Casual Photophile may receive a small commission no... Photo developed last night and it scanned well so almost no editing needed ( great! however they! Making a great day which is not a single color is punchy and the us name which translates! & W 35 mm ISO 100 fan of it either format photography capture the real thing they... These links, Casual Photophile may receive a small commission at no additional charge you... Specialized in engagement, kodak portra 160 35mm photos, honeymoon, weddings, and coffee aficionado agitation to see color.

Was John Coffey An Angel, Articles K