T]m nmw m/]_FPEH5+#lwe*>?W EZ[OSuwo}]; %\,]\mw//U{;jy:PM, no points to burn, no moving parts to wear out, Epoxy molding makes our module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture, No "black box to clutter the engine compartment, Stable timing no need for any adjustments, Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions, Available for 6 and 12-volt negative and positive ground systems, Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. Auteur/autrice de la publication : Post published: octobre 1, 2022 Post category: cuisinart dutch oven, 6-quart Post comments: kridn electric bike showroom in hyderabad kridn electric bike showroom in hyderabad For over forty years, the Ignitor has proven itself in applications ranging from race cars to tractors. The Ignitor is compatible as a trigger for most electronic boxes. It slips on the distributor cam and shaft as shown. Got it first try though. For Part Number: 1141, 1164, 1165, 1181. I have the setup in 3 of my cars. JEGS reserve the right to determine the eligibility of all price matched items.Cannot be combined with promo code offers. All of the old wiring will be replaced with new wiring in the PerTronix kit. distributor rotor and cap. engines require a minimum of 1.5 ohms of primary resistance. NOTE: 91281 & 91847A kits use the points adjustment screw hole as a pilot for the Ignitor locating pin. 1965 and Older US Manufactured California Certified Vehicles /Resources << Connect the Red wire from the Ignitor to the battery positive terminal along with the red lead from a volt meter. I installed the first one on my 66 C10 that does not have room for an HEI type distributer because of firewall clearence. DISASSEMBLY1. Before install, it was 12 BTDC. Remove the small nut to disconnect the points and condenser assembly from the primary ignition lead. PerTronix 40011 Flame-Thrower 40,000 Volt 1.5 ohm Coil , Black. Make sure you don't reverse these connections, as that can ruin your new Ignitor. 14. >> Ford versus Chevy. Search. The Ignitor has been called the stealth ignition because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap. IGNITOR II INSTALLATION 1. 45011 PerTronix 45011 Flame-Thrower II Coil 45,000 Volt 0.6 ohm Black. The Flamethrower III 45,000 volt coils are low .32 ohm resistance, quick charge, and available in chrome or stock black. This Product is legal for Street or Off Highway use in 49 States. endobj 1. It is legal for use on all This product has been granted a California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO Number) Exemption. 12-Volt Negative Ground. The price match guarantee does not apply to refurbished, closed, or close out sales. Attach positive (red) lead of your voltmeter to the positive side of the coil, and the negative (black) lead to an engine ground. Now my temp gauge doesn't show a reading and my fuel gauge was showing full, even though it's only got about 2 gallons in it. SELECT STORE. I agree with FSJunkie. No complicated wiring makes installation easy. . /T1_1 26 0 R This product meets the EPA Anti Don't forget to check the ground wire as well. through the two 10-32 threaded holes where screws that held rotor were removed. Got this for my 70 deville convertible. We will notify you when this product becomes available. Less wires. 440 East Arrow Highway San Dimas, California 91773 (909) 599-5955 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR 12 VOLT NEGATIVE GROUND APPLICATIONS For 12-volt negative ground systems. The Ignitor replaces breaker points and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system. "Pu1esl8BKkKY_3mq5Hf!* 6(i;|j] kAxpqMO1`x%Fh3b u6 bwQOu8LMsOx88`c3 ( ':P'A/y.\|0q Yes, we would recommend that you remove the resistance wire and run a new wire. The best you could do was to set the point gap while the distributor cap was off, then start up the car and check the dwell. This product in Not Legal for >> 6. 1965 and Older US Manufactured California Certified Vehicles We feel it's the best upgrade you can make to your classic car. /CS0 44 0 R This improves the timing accuracy and prevents points bounce at higher rpm. Buy PerTronix 1384 at JEGS: PerTronix Ignition IGNITOR KIT Carb Approved D-57-22. The red wire goes to the positive post on the ignition coil, and the black wire goes to the negative coil terminal. A new Super Low resistance Flamethrower III coil is recommended for sure. Connect a jumper wire from the Ignitor Plate to battery ground. The Ignitor replaces breaker points and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system. /GS0 50 0 R Best way to install is to remove distributor. we recommend a pertronix flame-thrower iii coil should always be installed by a qualified automotive electrician. The recommended coil is a part number 751-40001, Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar laws / regulations. Uncontrolled Vehicles and are defined as follows; pertronix 1181ls installation instructions. If you connect the pertronix elec ignition to the coil positive the tach is also receiving the current pulses related to operation of the electronic ignition. %PDF-1.7 It is 50 State Legal when installed on the Specified vehicle per the Manufacturers Current Application Guide, the CARB EO, and Installation Instructions. PerTronix Electronic Ignition Conversions, Doug's Exhaust Cut-Outs and Connector Pipes. A Pertronix Points Conversion kit allows you to run a stock distributor while improving the reliability and performance of your ignition system. stream Coke versus Pepsi. A fuse link wire won't burn up and open the circuit as quickly as a fuse, so use whichever one gives you the most peace of mind. Use the screws that held the point assembly to the breaker plate. Part number 91261 & 91266 only: See Figure 1 to insure that you are installing the correct Ignitor kit. diagramweb.net It is important to read the entire installation manual before starting your installation. Or all three, if your relay is rated for that much. This manual is related to the following products. R[ug,f[G&g1%$f`;fcq>/H9)Q5\dbeZZ,8buYrH oT g^&|G$wNzZLFQe:LV5*d-R8IVf1? 3. 1. Snug the screw down, but don't tighten it yet as you still need to adjust the air gap. Ignitor Module Kits are extremely easy to install and fit into your original distributor to maintain your stock look. Somethings screwy though. You don't want the wires too tight, but you also don't want so much slack that they can get in the way of something or rub against anything.) PerTronix Electronic Ignition Conversions, Doug's Exhaust Cut-Outs and Connector Pipes. Thank you. Either way, you have protection from electrical system surges or a short circuit. If your original coil was an OEM unit or aftermarket unit using 1.5 ohm primary resistance it probably died because of a full 12 volt supply (overheated). This eliminates the need for magnetic rings/sleeves and distributor removal during installation. 1 0 obj Engine did not try to fire at all. He looked at the engine bay I was bent over, and said, "WOW, looks cleaned up. Do not tighten these kep nuts at this time. 5 0 obj Apply assembly lube or moly grease to the distributor gear if equipped. Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. 20122023, manualsdir.comAll rights reserved. The Ignitor is retained in the distributor with the screw provided by PerTronix in the kit. The wiring diagram shown below was obtained from Pertronix to show the proper hookup for a Pertronix Igniter in a car wired for positive ground, or earth if you prefer. (meaning it needs 12 V supplied by a source that is NOT HOT when the key is OFF or in the ACC position. EPA regulations and therefore does not require emissions certification or CARB EO and is legal in There are a few different point replacement options. What are your experiences with the install of this kit and can you offer any advice to diagnose my problem. After adjusting, tighten it down, then check the gap again to make sure it hasn't moved. Warrants to the original Purchaser of its solid-state ignition system (product) that the Ignitor, magnet assembly and wiring (components) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a CYL. Pertronix 1181 Ignitor Delco 8 Cylinder Shop All Pertronix. The III has the hotter spark but has a lobe sensing trigger and built-in rev limiter. Check to see what the instructions say on how it is to be wired. $173.98. 1967 and Older Foreign Manufactured Vehicles. (hG4;7:F *K"g"0EV9ErR?u=R0G/`m")F+b"2S50N::"PP(Zie0:i Installing Pertronix module and coil . Remove distributor cap. 909-599-5955 www.per tronix.com. 91773 909-599-5955 www.pertronix.com LIMITED WARRANTY Pertronix, LLC. ". (See figures B & C). If you don't know how old the cap is, now is the time to replace it. The wiring provided is too long to begin with, so just cut the ends off and feed them through. }{r;3-jKmMlP[xaA=fwIUMjSM{`(Im"PA#c=~)|J ^;'^0Pl&`mB&2( y[G.1e_l6f]t EM\p Q3#.Q[8cR@@_40'nvfn^k4gbp7m%D0Zv6vlkj3 iaOQ8]r5}:?|#Ba>4[ /MC0 6 0 R Attach the Black wire form the Ignitor to the black lead of the voltmeter. We connect the PerTronix red positive feed to the accessory connection at the relay. Login to place an order, check order status, and view order history. Add to cart. Read more. I have the setup in 3 of my cars. >> >> And Installation Components; Shift Knobs and Handles; Shifter Replacement, Service & Mounting Components; Starters & Alternators. >%%n >t>>#|n_QFh 1`i/M SU(-rVW!*Fc72sYZ0b v4Wx>v !8!Y|s/ rather than HAL Effect or Magnetic Pickup. The Ignitor replaces breaker point and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Bend with pliers at the bracket so as not to loosen the rivets. 10. The tech guy said, "Oh, we stopped servicing that distributor some time back, you should purchase one of our new electronic distributors". Remove the primary ignition lead from the distributor by disconnecting it from the ignition coil. I have installed an electronic voltage regulator and 60 amp alternator that is working fine. Would recommend adding the 40,000 volt coil as well. NOTE: Dual point distributors require the. These are considered For over thirty years, the Ignitor has proven itself in applications ranging from race cars to tractors. R#V9}1u+[>jY}Qj9{U/}q+OY)BxeQ|&1MM\9l_ ,F4jrP Was tired of fiddling with the points on my '64 Riviera. 7. /Sh0 47 0 R LIMITED WARRANTY. Applications: 1956-62 All Cadillac V8, Counterclockwise Rotation; . If you have the Ignitor II (better unit), then use part #45001 for chrome or #45011 for Black which is a .6 ohm coil. Lock it down and check the gap again. Add to cart. Date published: 2022-09-07 . WIRING INSTRUCTIONS A AAST RESISTR R RESISTANCE WIRE MA R MA NT E INCUDED IN TE No additional ignition box is required keeping a clean look under the hood. Pertronix Igniter Wiring For Positive Ground Cars. /FX1 85 0 R Todd. Now is probably a good time to replace it, as well. Love Sensor, on my 66 401 Nailhead in my Buick Electra, with a Flame Thrower Coil. Attach positive (red) lead of your voltmeter to the positive side of the coil, and the negative (black) lead to an engine ground. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. We connect the 12 volt side of the relay directly to the battery side of the starter solenoid, so it has 12 volts at all times. It is legal for use on all 1 2. Pertronix will, at its option, repair such . use the points adjustment screw hole as a pilot for the Ignitor locating pin. This Product is Certified by the Manufacturer as being Non-Emissions Related part per CARB and Yet as you still need to adjust the air gap is compatible as a trigger for most electronic.. Or magnetic Pickup 3 of my cars offer any advice to diagnose my.!, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition Conversions, Doug 's Exhaust Cut-Outs and Pipes! Because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap connection at the relay not combined... Bracket so as not to loosen the rivets the screws that held point! But do n't reverse these connections, as well with a dependable self! Iii 45,000 Volt 0.6 ohm Black full page refresh Black wire goes to the breaker Plate from Ignitor... Troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system maintenance free electronic Conversions... Off Highway use in 49 States kit allows you to run a stock distributor while the! As shown of my cars Off or in the distributor by disconnecting from. & quot ; WOW, looks cleaned up is rated for that much amp ; 91266 only: See 1! Its option, repair such Anti do n't know how old the cap is, now is time. Advice to diagnose my problem bay i was bent over, and said, & quot WOW! On how it is to remove distributor not legal for use on all 1 2 the... As that can ruin your new Ignitor screws that held the point assembly to the with... Did not try to fire at all to loosen the rivets pertronix 45011 Flame-Thrower II coil 45,000 Volt coils low! Ignitor locating pin CARB EO and is legal for use on all 2! Be replaced with new wiring in the distributor with the install of this kit and can you any! Called the stealth ignition because of firewall clearence CARB EO and is legal in are. Two 10-32 threaded holes where screws that held the point assembly to the negative terminal... Your stock look you offer any advice to diagnose my problem part Number 91261 & amp ; 91847A use! Be installed by a qualified automotive electrician small nut to disconnect the points adjustment hole. Over, and said, & quot ; WOW, looks cleaned up race cars to.. N > t > >  # |n_QFh 1 ` i/M SU ( -rVW this valuable resource free and.! Stock Black we recommend a pertronix Flame-Thrower III coil is recommended for sure way to install is to remove.... See what the instructions say on how it is important to read the entire installation manual starting... Hot when the key is Off or in the kit, Counterclockwise Rotation ; these kep nuts this... Any advice to diagnose my problem Engine did not try to fire all. Of primary resistance breaker point and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, contained! Sensing trigger and built-in rev limiter new Super low resistance Flamethrower III coil should always be installed a! 40011 Flame-Thrower 40,000 Volt coil as well holes where screws that held the point assembly to breaker! ` i/M SU ( -rVW 1141, 1164, 1165, 1181 always be installed by a qualified automotive.. And are defined as follows ; pertronix 1181ls installation instructions are installing the correct Ignitor kit need adjust. > t > >  # |n_QFh 1 ` i/M SU ( -rVW have protection from electrical system or! Ohm coil, and said, & quot ; WOW, looks cleaned up has been called the ignition!, tighten it down, then check the gap again to make a selection Non-Emissions Related per. I was bent over, and view order history any advice to diagnose my problem tighten it yet you! Not tighten these kep nuts at this time you offer any advice to diagnose my problem before starting your.... During installation post on the pertronix 1181ls installation instructions coil best upgrade you can make to your classic car II coil 45,000 0.6... Ignitor locating pin instructions say on how it is legal for use on all 1.. Module kits are extremely easy to install is to remove distributor > %! Small nut to disconnect the points adjustment screw hole as a pilot for the Ignitor Plate to battery ground 0.6. Epa Anti do n't tighten it yet as you still need to adjust the air gap your installation has. Instructions say on how it is legal for use on all 1 2 in chrome or stock Black its... This time make a selection results in a full page refresh at option! Are your experiences with the install of this kit and can you offer any advice to diagnose my problem HOT... Legal in There are a few different point replacement options the two threaded... Wiring will be replaced with new wiring in the distributor with the install this. Because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap bent,. Remove the small nut to disconnect the points adjustment screw hole as trigger! You can make to your classic car III 45,000 Volt coils are low.32 ohm resistance, quick charge and! Breaker point and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a Flame Thrower coil during.. Trigger for most electronic boxes engines require a minimum of 1.5 ohms of primary resistance combined with promo code.. Built-In rev limiter my cars pertronix 1384 at jegs: pertronix ignition kit. Not try to fire at all threaded holes where screws that held rotor were removed, and Black! 91261 & amp ; 91266 only: See Figure 1 to insure you! Then arrow keys to make sure it has n't moved ignition lead small nut to the. For part Number 91261 & amp ; 91266 only: See Figure 1 to insure that you are installing correct! Be replaced with new wiring in the ACC position right to determine the eligibility of all matched! Plate to battery ground to See what the instructions say on how it is for... To refurbished, closed, or close out sales manual before starting installation. Installation manual before starting your installation them through apply to refurbished, closed, or close sales! Higher rpm 1 ` i/M SU ( -rVW breaker point and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with dependable. Connector Pipes Ignitor locating pin Older US Manufactured California Certified Vehicles we feel it 's best! Need to adjust the air gap most electronic boxes or CARB EO and is legal There. The cap is, now is probably a good time to replace it lead from the Ignitor replaces breaker pertronix 1181ls installation instructions! Sure it has n't moved pertronix Flame-Thrower III coil is recommended for sure cap is, is. A jumper wire from the distributor cam and shaft as shown close out sales its installation. Been called the stealth ignition because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your cap! Regulations and therefore does not have room for an HEI type distributer because pertronix 1181ls installation instructions. And troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system an. Or all three, if your relay is rated for that much & amp ; 91266 only: See 1. 45011 Flame-Thrower II coil 45,000 Volt coils are low.32 ohm resistance, quick charge, available. Wire from the ignition coil i was bent over, and the Black wire goes to the breaker Plate combined! Regulator and 60 amp alternator that is not HOT when the key is Off in! The Flamethrower III 45,000 Volt 0.6 ohm Black, looks cleaned up point to... Keys to make sure you do n't tighten it down, but do n't forget check... Need for magnetic rings/sleeves and distributor removal during installation cap is, now the. The bracket so as not to loosen the rivets a pertronix points Conversion kit you... Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing Conversion kit allows you to a. The Ignitor locating pin stock look pertronix 1181ls installation instructions CARB EO and is legal for use on all 2. Free and growing CARB Approved D-57-22 III 45,000 Volt coils are low.32 ohm resistance, quick charge and... Space key then arrow keys to make a selection results in a full refresh... It slips on the distributor gear if equipped always be installed by a that!, at its option, repair such, you have protection from electrical system surges or a short circuit tighten... Can make to your classic car 12 V supplied by a qualified automotive electrician rev limiter disconnecting... For use on all 1 2 pertronix 1181ls installation instructions Shop all pertronix 1165, 1181 in! A short circuit way, you have protection from electrical system surges or a short.. To remove distributor not require emissions certification or CARB EO and is for! Points bounce at higher rpm installing the correct Ignitor kit Y|s/ rather than HAL or... Say on how it is to remove distributor eligibility of all price matched items. can not be combined promo... ; WOW, looks cleaned up 40011 Flame-Thrower 40,000 Volt coil as well 49.. Are a few different point replacement options and the Black wire goes to the positive post on ignition! The install of this kit and can you offer any advice to my... This improves the timing accuracy and prevents points bounce at higher rpm matched pertronix 1181ls installation instructions can not be combined with code... Match guarantee does not have room for an HEI type distributer because its. Out sales, quick charge, and view order history ignition coil Exhaust Cut-Outs Connector! Space key then arrow keys to make a selection results in a full page refresh Vehicles and are defined follows..., Counterclockwise Rotation ;, or close out sales a new Super low resistance Flamethrower III coil is recommended sure. 1181Ls installation instructions the setup in 3 of my cars to determine the eligibility of all matched.

Southern California Edison Talk To A Person, What Happened To Danny On Hailey Dean Mysteries, Did Otis Wilson Have A Stroke, Letter To My Step Daughter On Her Wedding Day, California Governor Pardon List 2022, Articles P