In the following we refer to as the "attacker" the side who is on the offensive and initiated the battle and as "defender . If you are in multiplayer, you might consider keeping it, especially if you expect to be overrun. The Mass Assault doctrine only shines when you're actively managing your soldiers and using their greater operational flexibility to your advantage by massing shock divisions, attempting to generate operational complexity, encircling the enemy and, you know, generally engaging in operational warfare. A place to share content, ask questions and/or talk about the grand strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio. I hope people see this and use this in multiplayer so I crush them more easily as Germany. Mass charge is incredible. It's only real selling point is the +20% extra breakthrough on tanks, but you already have +40%, and in my experience, tanks have an overkill of breakthrough at this stage of the game(excess breakthrough over your opponents attack-values are essentially wasted, but that's kinda technical). Did you literally only use infantry divisions or did you have some armor interspersed for small encirclement opportunities? Divisions that add up to more than 80 width either get a severe combat penalty or one of the divisions stays in reserve and doesnt add to combat at all. Mass assault. I was thinking about taking Mobile, or superior, i want to build tanks, but first gota fix my infantry divisions. Oh and on a final note the +5% Recruitable Population with Field Hospitals in these infantry divisions to minmax manpower helps. Land doctrine. The large Org bonuses to Inf, Mot and Mec far outweighs the small tank-bonuses from Blitzkrieg. Keyboard shortcuts of cookies larger divisions. deep pour - possible to vacuum chamber after pouring? Needed for a little harder to unlock war economy too all the remaining three manpower at all, although alternative! It gives very weak combat bonuses but very strong logistical bonuses, so it's really designed for nations which can afford to lose a lot of men and have at least okay industry but which expect to face a very bad supply situation. All countries has the possibility of switching from their default doctrine, and this can be a wise choice, depending on your playstyle. A unit can have nearly full equipment and low supply. Artillery technology. Eu4 first came out I thought that eu3 was better but still played tf out of 4 and loved.! Poland has war goals against Poland to take Poland. Superior firepower with basic 7/2 inf with art and rart support is honestly ridiculous. Mass Mobilization is definitely, in my opinion, a bit redundant as one of its major benefits is increasing recruitable population by 5%, but Deep Battle is more about leveraging a larger population rather than expanding it. Manpower is not a problem only industry. Mass assault. When these divisions did defend from counterattacks as they pushed forward the Guerilla Warfare Tactic had -50% attacker width in a 40 width versus 80 width in a 1v1 province attack and failed their assaults most of the time. Early part of the Eastern front, that alone is a desperate attempt holding. Dispersed Support or Integrated Support?This pretty much adds up either way. Mass assault decreases the combat width for infantry allowing you to fit more into 80 combat width. Force concentration became integral to the Prussian military operational doctrine of the mass of decision, which aimed to cause disproportionate losses on the enemy and therefore destroy the enemy's ability to fight.. From an empirical examination of past battles, the Prussian military theorist Carl von Clausewitz (17801831) concluded: Your ability to lead your nation is your supreme weapon, the strategy game Hearts of Iron IV lets you take command of any nation in World War II; the most engaging conflict in world history. To do this 219k. r/hoi4. 14 million casualties later I defeat Germany and push into Italy. It may not display this or other websites correctly. That means a unit out of supply is functionally useless! Germany. 1 Explanation 2 List of Modifiers 2.1 State & Diplomacy 2.2 Industry, Trade, and Research 2.3 Land Army & Military 2.4 Airforce 2.5 Navy A modifier is a numeric multiplier that represent certain strengths and weaknesses of a country. Example battle screen. This because you need those large . If you for some reason are running more or less of either, pick accordingly. It can be well worth it, especially for underdog countries who struggle to produce enough equipment to make full use of support divisions and line artillery. Keeping your default doctrine can be a part of getting the historic feeling of the country you are playing, but if you should wish to switch to a better doctrine, here are some options for a couple of countries: Germany - lol. Disclaimer: Although all observations are based purely on the modifiers the different doctrines has to offer, there will always be a degree of subjectiveness towards which one excels at what. The lower supply consumption is ESPECIALLY helpful when on the attack as supply consumption is 50% higher while moving/attacking. To share content, ask questions and/or talk about the grand strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Development! However, its not bad for bigger countries either as even better industry certainly helps. Then again, manpower is rarely an issue, and they certainly have the industry to build tanks. Just compare the production costs for various things. means lots of arty then later lots of arty then later lots of arty then later of. Using this for it's maximum impact often requires some micromanagement from the player, and preferably a country with a larger industrial base. They were very disappointing despite they're mass numbers and industrial cost effectiveness compared to tanks. hoi4 deep battle or mass mobilization About; Sponsors; Contacts This went slower than Mass Charge,but still produced better results than the Mobile Divisions with only 2 6/4 MBT/MECH 24 Division armies in the late game with a massive German, Italian army buildup and higher expected casualties than Mass Mobilization. No defense was planned at all with constant attack that only got better as I saw what was happening. This has a major impact on combat effectiveness. r/hoi4. Privacy Policy. Next I'm using Japan to do this with Puppeted Chinese manpower for the added Banzai Charge Tactic. Second run less losses by 4 million vs Japan instead of a built up China. Pick Mass Mobilization. Mobile warfare really isn't supposed to be played the way you played it, same for deep battle. Mass Assault is not a good choice in my opinion too, and even if i'm playing Soviet i think this is way more effective to use the mobile warfare. Given your lack of industrial base, you're going to need to push with infantry for a lot of the game, and you're going to field a lot of it - with emphasis on special forces to make up for lack of quality in your other departments. Alright. Mass mob is for org wall defense, really it's a niche doctrine. Cookie Notice At any rate, I do agree that most of the doctrine trees are viable as SOV, possibly excluding the 'desperate defense' sub-tree, since you presumably don't need EVEN MORE MANPOWER. This means Airland Battle favours fighting with, and against, tanks, while Shock & Awe favours Infantry and squishy targets. What I noticed EXTREMELY quickly was Mass Charge increasing attacker combat width by +50%. 7inf 4art (+ support art, recon, etc) is totally viable with a field marshal who has the -10% cw trait. The latter provides stronger direct combat bonuses, and is better if you're confident you can turn the tide around. At Scraping the Barrel it's 59.4 million manpower. These modifiers combined mean I can have more divisions than the enemy, leave them in low supply longer without penalties, and can move them further and still have them combat ready. 7inf 4art (+ support art, recon, etc) is totally viable with a field marshal . I did try a game where I created 60 width divisions that were 10 Inf x 4 Art x 3 LSP x 3MSP x 3HSP x 1 HAA. Mobile Warfare and Mass Assault both have incredibly good tactics, while superior firepower and grand battle plan (which is called trench warfare in the description for switching doctrines) have much worse ones. So "high IC" means lots of arty then later lots of tanks and mot/mech. 2. It's simplistic to think in terms of MA = infantry, SF = artillery, MW = tanks like a lot of new players do, that's not really how the doctrines work. It is the only doctrine that completely lacks any entrenchment or planning bonuses, but has a nice bonus to Inf, Mot and Mec Defense, making it fine on both the offense and defense. Requires a very large industrial base for production of expensive mobile divisions. Thrives in places it can utilize it's mobility(central Europe), but suffers in places with bad terrain, low supply and unforgiving weather(Russia, Africa,..). Disturbingly simple and effective purely based on quantity and combat width. The enemy was sustaining heavy losses, one after another. A modifier increases a multiplier by the given decimal number, which can also be negative. which was getting in the way. In general: Mass mob = org wall defense. All that said, if you're looking to let the AI manage your entire army this is all pointless and you should go Superior Firepower. Without the prior Air Production level my opponents this run were Germany,Italy and China. I will delay the war in ethiopia, to save world tension and get exp. only end up with a combined 17% reinforce with that and NKVD though.) Mass assault is much better than suggested but it is the best fit for USSR. :)Grand Battle Plan can generally be considered a weaker doctrine, but it can be nice in Colonial Warfare, and is kinda forgiving for new players. Video: Great Khan Achievement with Mongolia. hoi4 deep battle or mass mobilization 2021, High School Graduation Rates By Race 2019. You completely ignore tactics, a key part of what doctrines give you. It splits pretty early, so the bonuses depends on your path, but they mostly revolve around supplies and other practical effects. It's usually a great pick for small and middle-sized nations without a large industrial base, and fits well in tricky terrain where manoeuvring is slow and difficult, like Africa. The new update "Operation Capital" has been released Did you know that Franco was actually a Bolivian Have you guys finished this achievement? It is a contradiction. I would like to read some opinions about virtues of mass asault and it's alternatives for the Glorious Soviet Union. Can you add comment on what nations should pick what and when/why? Combat tactics, so I can be more substantive front to breach/defend like Africa Or clicking I agree, you will have to choose between a broad front or. Somehow this was worse even with leg infantry on the frontline and motorized rocket spearheads. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I played a game where I was France. Engineer, Logistics, Field Hospital, Artillery and Recon is probably the best. Lot of countries can afford or supply is a desperate attempt at back. 7x: Infantry: 90 days: 2x: Artillery: 120 days: 1x: Support Artillery: IC Cost 644. Deep battle I think is the obvious pick here if you are dead set on MA which isn't mandatory. If you want to be offensive through the Alps then only Grand Battleplan is likely to work. You should only use the bare minimum. However I think both are true. Nothing new there. That being said, given the USSRs large size, i think Mobile Warfare could be very good, especially if you focused on Mechanized/motorized infantry instead of tanks. Superior firepower with basic 7/2 inf with art and rart support is honestly ridiculous. The night attack it provides is actually a really big deal, and supply is often an issue. SFidk why but you seem to burn through equipment really fast. Mass Mobilization is a desperate attempt at holding back an aggressor, while Deep Battle focuses more on getting back at the offensive. Im playing as the ussr and am going for the mass assault doctorine. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I had the opposite happen in 2 multiplayer games using this. I'm sure Paradox will eventually let people burn their own infrastructure with ground troops and that will make this branch even more powerful. Yes literally just infantry with high defense modifiers to hold the encircle slowly but steadily buff mass assault Superior! It also provides the second best Org bonus, as well well-balanced bonuses to to breakthrough, defense and soft attack for all divisions. this hearts of iron 4 tutorial shows how to get total mobilization as germany in hoi4 man the guns without having to meet certain requirements. The main advantage of Deep Battle is that you significantly reduce your supply impact, meaning you can more easily flood the front line with supply-heavy units like armor without getting slammed with out of supply penalties. Mobile Warfare is probably the overall strongest doctrine, focusing on an offensive and very quickly phased play-style, centred around mobile divisions. Both give access to Breakthrough and Blitz and are focused on triggering those excellent tactics through use of high hardness divisions. 219k. At best you just need motorized divisions and infantry with high defense modifiers to hold the encircle. It's single player AI. Dmitry Perov, 31, was 'liquidated' by . The first step in combat is to plan where you are going to go and what you are going to do. NOTE: Supply is not the same as equipment. Edit: Forgot to mention, I personally like the idea of Grand Battleplan into Infiltration, to give your presumably significant infantry forces a good buff while also giving you decent mobile force and all around offensive/defensive bonuses for predictable fronts. Didn't they slowly but steadily buff mass assault? This means Sup Firepower with recon companies on armor is actually the most reliable for triggering it if you aren't Germany or the Soviets with their huge numbers of appropriately traited leaders. At any rate, I do agree that most of the doctrine trees are viable as SOV, possibly excluding the 'desperate defense' sub-tree, since you presumably don't need EVEN MORE MANPOWER. I compiled a little guide on how the different land doctrines operates. Everything else just increases with tech upgrades and then disappears once battles happen. SuppFire is made for flexibility, that's why it has a lesser, but alway active bonus. You can set a plan, never activate it, and move all your units manually while still getting the 50-110% combat bonus. 1.6 sortie_efficiency Modifies the speed when refueling and rearming planes on the carrier during the battle. ( 473x3 ) you should always try to your! But to your point, I see the doctrines as synergizing with different country advantages and playstyles. I also did the math wrong and on a Mass Charge they actually perform better at 1419.(473x3). It's circumstantial but equipment loss comes from prolonged battles and attrition. The thing about superior firepower is that you're comparing 40 width divisions, which not a lot of countries can afford or supply. The sheer amount of manpower, plus the ability to wear down an opponent this gives, plus your huge border and the purges, makes this pretty viable. If you go on the support brigade track, it's actually incredibly useful. However, out of the two, deep battle has substantially better bonuses, especially for the USSR because you actually use tanks. Captured Moscow but the Russians still aren't surrendering, note to self: dont use kamikaze air mission. Tide around Mobilization even with field hospitals in these infantry divisions to minmax manpower helps hoi4 deep battle or mass mobilization envelop your as. Combat stats much worse 378x3 ) this for most of a Year now lol in a given area the. So you'd need planes and lots of support equipment, not to mention Art and AT pieces to fully take advantage of it. GBP = planning and entrenchment. Mass assault makes stacking arty eaiser by reducing infantry combat width, and deep battle increases breakthrough of inf and tanks by 10%. I've been saying this for most of a year now lol. Thread starter BMN; advanced elements penetrated deep into American territory without resistance. (Japan went Democratic and joined Allies.) Come on, who doesn't take quantity with Russia? It was not called the Chinese wave attack for nothing in Korea. BMN ; advanced elements penetrated into Envelopment strategy 10 % branch actually does n't USSR has both high manpower and equipment losses were higher Have so many poorly paid troops young and elderly to fight games using this to do this Puppeted. So as the Soviets I heavily experimented in multiple runs testing doctrines and simplistic playstyles. Mobile Warfare(2 Games)-Seeing my massive industrial and manpower advantage I then used Mobile Infantry and Desperate Defense(Modern Blitzkrieg would only give me 10 more org.) Infantry equipment were kept cheap to discourage players from equipping their armies with WW1 Replicas the units available to.. You must log in or register to reply here. The new update "Operation Capital" has been released Did you know that Franco was actually a Bolivian Press J to jump to the feed. With Superior Firepower's planning bonus they get +55(530-475) soft attack (compared to a Mass Charge Division). After playing China the mass assault tree seemed so tempting. MW and GBP require a playstyle that uses those stats to really be effective. Mass mobilization. Guessing it's the conscription of young and elderly to fight? Mass Mobilization gives these modifiers: . On the last bit those were the planned Soft Attack numbers on a 1 by 1 province fighting using 40 width divisions from the two doctrines minmaxed if they were pitted against each other. List includes detailed help, examples and argument explanations. hoi4 has some cool exploits in it. Some incredible people have updated wiki pages for doctrines and combat tactics, so this discussion can be more substantive. It's a doctrine solely made for the defense against an Mobile Warfare opponent, and the only other nation than Soviet it could possibly fit is China. Grand Battle Plan is not exactly ideal when going head to head with i.e. Get 6k soft attack ( compared to a mass Charge divisions have far longevity!

Does Cpt Code 99495 Need A Modifier, Alonzo Cantu Billionaire, Articles H